Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New promo with FX shots hits airwaves (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New promo with FX shots hits airwaves
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed a few things watching the "Event" promo and comparing it to the script... probably others have caught some of this, too.

$$$SPOILERS$$$
$$$SPOILERS$$$
$$$SPOILERS$$$

(1) It probably goes without saying that the landscape at 0:07 is the Rigel X trading complex.

(2) Look at the left vessel at 0:13... it's a Suliban cell ship ejecting an inverted depth charge. Note that cell ships apparently come in a variety of sizes and shapes, mostly hexagonal polyhedrons.

(3) The "asteroid field" at 0:14 are actually cell ships, perhaps the scene in which Archer breaks up some of the Helix.

(4) At 0:15 we see the depth charge exploding.

(5) The "paratrooper" around 0:18 is a Suliban pilot ejecting from his cell ship, which is being grappled by Enterprise's, um, grapplers.

(6) There is a shot of Enterprise from behind, at 0:20, floating near the Suliban Helix and being fired on by a cell ship.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't B5 do that too? I heard that they filmed everything in widescreen, but framed the scenes so that all the important info would fit on a TV screen too.

Not quite. They apparently did the first season like that, and then filmed the rest regularly. Sci-Fi channel then proceeded to chop the top and bottom off of the rest of the eps to make them look widescreen when they weren't. This sucks.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Omega ]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.