Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » First clips of "Broken Bow"! [MEGASPOILERS] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First clips of "Broken Bow"! [MEGASPOILERS]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the farmer seems to slap the magazine-analogue forward of the trigger when he comes out of the house, and I'm sure there's a B5 PPG-style power-up noise; guess that qualifies as cocking it. Hmm, 90 years since First Contact, and even a "humble" farmer owns a basic energy weapon. Doesn't look that powerful, but it sure is enough to knock a big-ass Klingon flat on said ass.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
We also see an Enterprise crewman with a pulse rifle, but not very clearly, as well as the farmer's pulse Winchester - well, how else could it be described?

Just for the sake of standardizing terminology, I'll note that in the script, the Starfleet weapon is called a "plasma rifle" and Farmer Moore's gun is called a "plasma shotgun." Later, Admiral Forrest refers to the shotgun, too, as a "plasma rifle," but that might be because he simply doesn't know. The "plamsa pistols" fire red "plasma bullets," I might add. In any case, it seems that superheated ionized gas is the blast of choice in the twenty-second century.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, given the idiocy of the average Trek writer, it's safe to assume the farmer was written as having a shotgun, because that's what farmer have, shotguns. They then decided that a twenty-second century farmer would maybe have something a teeny bit more futuristic, and changed it to a "pulse shotgun." Some tech guy, on receiving the notes, decided that a pulse shotgun sounded (and would look) stupid, so he rustled up a pulse Winchester, on the theory that everyone would immediately recognise what it was.

And maybe whoever makes Winchester rifles (which I gather they still do today, nearly 150 years after it first appeared, so why not another 150 years in the future?) would make them look the same. . .

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the crew talking about groping a three-breasted alien hottie

Could it be...Eccentrica Gallumbits, the triple-breasted whore of Eroticon VI?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(edit) My bad .. i forgot how to count to 3

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Mike, she isn't.

Just flicking past Canada's "Space" channel on the dial and hit upon a little newsbit on the Enterprise premiere, which included the first ten seconds of the "Sickbay Attack" scene, an interview with Braga we hadn't seen before, an interview with Bakula that's on zap2it, and a VFX shot of the NX-01 at warp from the front...

The lower saucer is fairly featureless, with a TOS-ey glowy white dome at the bottom and not all that many windows. There's definitely a blue glow behind the main gold sensor dish up front (perhaps the navigational deflector?). The hull looks quite a bit darker in tone than Voyager or the Ent-D, perhaps a bit closer to the Ent-E, although in this case there's a definite coppery hue. Anyway, like or hate the design, the CGI model is a truly beautiful thing, with the lighting on the texture on the hull making it quite the sight to behold.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Suliban guys are really weird and icky.
But somehow their faces seem familiar, as is their way of walking. Can't remember where I say it before (I hope it's not from the Power Rangers' "generic weak badguy army")

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
Member # 393

They remind me of the aliens from "Earth: Final Conflict."

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.