Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Obligatory Spoiler Warning Reminder

Author Topic: Obligatory Spoiler Warning Reminder
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of people.

Not in USA or Canada.

Will not see Broken Bow tomorrow night.

Or night after.

Or night after that.

This forum is not a hermetically sealed playground where people can dance around and post topics like "Oh my God they killed Mayweather after only one episode" under the assumption that everyone's seen the same episodes you have.

So no spoilers in thread titles, and denote spoiler content in thread bodies by either mentioning SPOILER in the thread title and possibly also the use of spoiler space within threads, especially in those that develop spoilers as they progress.

Easy.

Just like we've always done things.

Also, keep in mind that nobody will have problems with un-spoiler-marked threads about basic stuff like new screengrabs of the nudist origami mounted on the walls of Archer's quarters. Going overboard on spoiler warnings will have a Boy who cried Wolf effect and diminish their usefulness.

Have a nice day.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nude origami? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DAAAAAMN YOU! You ruined the whole show for me. They killed Maryweather? Nude origami? Bastard.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Origami is just one of the many activities I've participated in while naked. I'm no longer welcome to the community center after that. I've also chatted on ICQ naked and fried bacon in the nude. I'm never frying bacon in the nude again, though.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... personally I would think, or at least hope, the people here would have enough common sense to relize any new threads would contain spoiler information. A topic saying, "On tonight's episode..." shouldn't really need $$$ in it.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in essence, that is a spoiler warning. As long as you make it clear that the thread is about something which is considered a spoiler, you're okay.

Just don't call a thread something vague like "Archer and T'Pol", and then go on to describe half the plot of the latest episode, or something.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.