Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Spoiler What was the song during the credits (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spoiler What was the song during the credits
Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the song during the credits?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called "Faith of the Heart." It was originally song by Rod Stewart for the Patch Adams soundtrack.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, and contrary to what has been reported, it still *is* sung by Rod Stewart, albeit editted and with a slightly faster tempo.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Yup, and contrary to what has been reported, it still *is* sung by Rod Stewart, albeit editted and with a slightly faster tempo.

I wonder if the (alleged) aborted version would have still been soft rock, or classical/operatic...

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:

Mark

Absolutely untrue. It's Watson, as per the credits. Evidently, Watson took it upon himself to emulate Rod as closely as he could.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Praetorian Guard
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is definitely Russell Watson singing, not Rod Stewart. The ENT version appears to be sung in a different key and has a new orchestration. The full version will be available on Watson's forthcoming album.

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: Praetorian Guard ]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anybody would consider themselves "spoiled" just by hearing the title of the ENT theme song, I think they need a swift kick in the head...
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Rod Stewart song. For a Science Fiction show. What has the world come to? Is this how the producers thought they could 'hip' the show up? I don't really see a big Rod Stewart (as sung by Russell Watson) fan/Star Trek fan crossover, but maybe it's just me. I'm really hoping they'll get a new song. This one is drek. Easily my least favorite thing abou thte new series, which, incidentally I do like quite a bit...

Ick!

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least (as I understand) Stewart didn't write the song. If it were actually one of his songs, we'd really have a problem...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rod Stewart song for sci-fi show ... BAD!

Queen song for sci-fi show ... GOOD!

Enterprise really should've grabbed the rights to "Another one Bites the Dust."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*tries to think of a more appropriate Queen song*

*fails*

Although I'd have loved to have heard "Fat-bottomed girls" and T'Pol sauntered by.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

*shudders, thinking about the re-musicked '80s release of Metropolis*
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We Are The Champions?" "Hammer To Fall?"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"Bohemian Rhapsody". The goofy bit in the middle.

'Cause they mention Galileo, and he did space stuff. And, um... the "we will not let you go" is like the Vulcans and the humans, and uh... Erm...

Well, it's about as appropriate as what they picked, anyway...

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Breakthrough." From the Miracle album.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps