Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Spoiler What was the song during the credits (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spoiler What was the song during the credits
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think, although it is a bit non-trek, the theme fits perfectly. Good choice.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see there are a couple of online petitions to have the song changed. Not to another song, but to a tedious orchestral theme like all the others had. So, it seems people don't want their Trek changing too much. Personally, while I don't like the song, I don't have a problem with the idea of a song in the credits.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the opening credits. I didn't think I would, but I think it does a fine job of capturing humanity's demeanor at the point where the series takes place.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. Learned scholars have hypothesized that the choice of a soft-rock anthem symbolizes America's unwillingness to develop and evolve a more contemporary musical awareness, a clinging to the sounds of yesteryear which provides some security in a changing, uncertain world. Perhaps as the series progresses the theme will gradually transmogrify, coming to embrace such diverse elements as Hip-Hop, Trance, Garage and Extreme Hardcore Deep Vibe Underground Balearic Beats. Word. 8)

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All at once?
Lee
Member # 393

Hell yes. Ignore that little voise in your head, Nixxy, it's the voice of conservatism. "Ooh no, not that Progressive House, it's far too radical! I want something safe, like Richard Marx. He's like Barry Manilow, but street - in a non-threatening way. . ."

I say, to hell with that voice! Silence it forever! Binge on Cafe del Mar and Nearly God!

However, that other voice in your head which says "kill them all! At last we will be revealed, at last we will have our revenge," don't ignore it, but get help. 8)

--------------------

Cosmoseon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Proteus. Even though it is a wide departure from the traditional variation-on-the-Alexander-Courage-theme, I like the song, and I really think it does fit the feeling and emotion of the show. Enterprise is not a traditional Trek, but, it does go back to the original idea. 'Wagon Train to the stars' and I like the new series.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.