Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$$A brief question, plus FYI$$$

Author Topic: $$$$A brief question, plus FYI$$$
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q. What is the proper name of the starship Enterprise NX-01? My reason-the dedication plaque. There would appear to be letters before the word "ENTERPRISE".

FYI-
In Captain Archer's quarters, there is a photograph on the wall. I recognize this photograph instantly. It is a shot of a flying boat of the 1930's over the San Francisco Bay.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The producers, when interviewed in Star Trek communicator, denied it is called S.S. Enterprise. They said its simply 'Enterprise' for now, no prefix letters, similar to the naming pattern of the space shuttles.

I've been calling it the NX Enterprise for convenience sake

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the same note, proper usage is a apparently no article ("the")when referring to Enterprise... for all descendents, it is "the" Enterprise. But Enterprise is just Enterprise.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T'Pol actually says Enterprise without using the word 'the'.

And now that we are on the subject: I have seen the full episode and rather enjoyed it. I liked it when they made somewhat clear that they already did some test flights before this mission.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.