Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Is anyone having this same problem?

Author Topic: Is anyone having this same problem?
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having difficulty associating names of two of the main characters with their faces. I have had some success with T'Pol, Archer, Sato, Phlox, and Mayweather. It's the other two white guys-Reed and Tucker-that I am experiencing this difficulty. Unfortunately, the way that I remember the first five named is because of their supposed ethnicity. T'Pol is a Vulcan; Sato is the token oriental; Phlox is the token alien; and Mayweather is the token black. The only ethnicities missing are native, hispanic, and polynesian.

Back to the two white guys, have you guys figured out a way to tell the two apart?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... Reed has dark hair, plays with weapons, and has a British accent. Tucker has lighter hair, plays with engines, and has a Southern accent.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reed is the one that enterprising young fans have picked as coming out of the closet later. Except they were wrong about Harry...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had problems remembering their full names and ranks; no wonder, since the pilot didn't characterize anyone deeply enough except for Archer and T'Pol, and maybe Sato. How is Tucker different from Archer? They both argue with T'Pol about the Vulcans' domination wherever they go. I'd like to see someone say, "Hey, wait a minute. I like Vulcans. I think they've given us a lot. I want to adopt their culture and be more like them." That guy should preferably be a normal person in other aspects, and not a traitor or a nerd.

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Phelps ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few weeks back, when I'd only seen a couple pictures of each, I had trouble telling the difference between Tucker and Reed. But, after a while, that's not a problem anymore. I guess the main differences I can describe are the hair color, and the fact that Tucker's face is rounder while Reed's is more, um... "skinny"? I can't think of the right word...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, nevermind.

[ September 30, 2001: Message edited by: Sol System ]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my girlfriend were discussing this; the only way to tell the white guys apart is to listen to their accents.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or look at them.
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They all looked so much alike it was hard to tell them apart.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had that problem to. Trying to tell Reed and Tucker apart I came up with only two things: One has 2 pips, the other 3. And they have a different accent.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too, have had this same difficulty. I think Reed is a bit older than Tucker and thus has some wrinkles at the corners of his mouth. I got the impression that Tucker is taller, but not by much. I think we'll get used to it, but it was kind of confusing at first.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps