Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Enterprise is UNORIGINAL (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Enterprise is UNORIGINAL
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Final Point: don't like it, dont watch it and dont complain, let others enjoy it.

No. Don't like me complaining? Don't come here. Don't read my posts. Let others enjoy stimulating conversations.

I like trying to apply real science and engineering to Star Trek. It's enjoyable and an intellectual excercise.

As for throwing around the words 'science' and 'engineering', I wasn't fond of using them so much in my posts. The problem is that there are no decent synonyms for them like almost every other word in the English language.

I am pursuing an aerospace engineering degree, but I by no means consider myself an engineer yet, as I'm only a month into my college career. But you don't have to be an engineer to know something about engineering.

The bottom line is, we are all interested in figuring out the hinted at or unreavealed elements of the Star Trek universe. I have used the best of my ability to come to my own determination. Take it or leave it, but as it stands it makes the most sense for its subject until something more logical and cohesive is presented.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stingray:
Final Point: don't like it, dont watch it and dont complain, let others enjoy it.

No. Don't like me complaining? Don't come here. Don't read my posts. Let others enjoy stimulating conversations.

Agreed. Freedom of speech, and all that.

quote:
Originally posted by Stingray:
I am pursuing an aerospace engineering degree, but I by no means consider myself an engineer yet, as I'm only a month into my college career. But you don't have to be an engineer to know something about engineering.

Nifty. I was an aerospace engineering major for almost two years, until I realized that I hate math.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Originally posted by Ryan McReynolds:
    ... until I realized that I hate math.

Seven...variables...hurt...tiny...caveman...brain...

So that's how I came to realize how much I admired the graphic arts.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been all over the board. First I was a studio art major for about a week, then aerospace engineering for two years, then a year off from school, and now I'm back.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a little more stable.. I've been in a two-year art degree program for about five years. Hey the chairs are comfortable!

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.