Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Porthos' Breed? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Porthos' Breed?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm no dog expert. Woof?

mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, I want to say that Porthos is a beagle. Like Snoopy. But he could be a spaniel of some sort. Definitely not any breed of terrier, though.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's as much a Beagle as Archer is a Caucasian human.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picture?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda crummy, but the best I could find

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww. Ook at is cute iddle face. He's bootiful. Yes he is. Yes he is! Bogawogawoga. Oo's a good boy?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, I'm serious now. No matter how much cooing and baby-talking you give me, I am NOT going to hump your leg!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's a beagle.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam is not a beagle, he's British.

Close.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A British Bulldog? They are cute when they are small, but when they grow up I hear that it's next to impossible to force them to release when they bite down. So I'd be sure not to piss 'im off.

As for Porthos, I look forward to the episode where the aliens assume that he must be the commander of the Enterprise because there is only one of him and only Archer has access to him for guidance... (Now that I think about it, perhaps "look forward to" is a bit too optimistic sounding... say, "anticipate"...)

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, if anyone (or anyone's girlfriend, say) is looking to get a cute little puppy like Porthos, you should know that Beagles can be really excellent dogs if (and this is a big if) you get them into some obedience training when they are still young. They are very energetic things and unless you have a yard to run them, you'll be taking it on a lot of walks.

My sister got a Beagle from a shelter who hadn't been properly trained. He was a very very smart dog, but a huge pain in the ass. After he'd bitten several of the neighbors in unprovoked aggression often in our own plain view (and having managed to get out through a variety of ingenious means), we had to put the dog down. It was very sad.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never understood why no-one can admit they they had an animal executed. Those euphemisms are so annoying...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Archer has access to him for guidance

Oh my God! It's. . . the Apocalypse Pooch!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what the best thing about Porthos was? He wasn't annoying. So in one episode, a dog had better acting skills than seven Voyager seasons worth of Neelix.

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a beagle. His name was Buster. My Mom had to have him eliminated becuase he became horrifically ill in the 8th year of his life, as a result of our moving to Florida. My Mom kept telling me she gave him away to 'some people' until i was like 18 she told me she had him killed. Id much rather have known the truth, i just thought my mom was a bitch for dumping him off with people he didnt know and continuing to suffer, it would have helped me regain some respect for her if id known that was the case.

He was a good dog.

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps