Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$ Ep. #2 -- Fight or Flight $$$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$ Ep. #2 -- Fight or Flight $$$
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn.. thats right.

Well it would be a boring show without visual powwows..

Explanation.. either the Romulans dont have visual capabilities, or the Romulans chose to never visually contact Starfleet, to keep their natures secret. seems like a romulan thing to do

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, just because they didn't doesn't mean they couldn't. I recall a couple races in TOS that hid their appearance or projected a false appearance. The Romulans developed cloaking technology, so prehaps they don't want to be seen at all.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing, it's the second time Enterprise has gotten into combat, and there still doesn't appear to be any formal battle condition, general quarters, etc. The Tucker didn't even know they were in a combat situation until he called the bridge in the first episode. Seems kinda silly, doesn't it?

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did they add red alert lights when building the sets? maybe theyve got a story planned around it

--------------------

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that the Enterprise has ship-to-ship visual communication.

Since we can have ship-to-ship visual communication now, I'm surprised you have mentioned it.

quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
I could have sworn that Spock pointed out in "Balance of Terror" that Romulan War-era Earth forces did not have this capability.

You're mistaken. He said that the two sides never saw each other face to face. He also said that the treaty was negotiated by subspace radio. He never gave any indication that either side actually lacked the capacity for visual communication. That would be rather silly, since we had that capability even in the sixties. There is nothing that makes video any more difficult to transmit than audio.

For that matter, based solely on Spock's statements, it is entirely possible that they used visual communication, and the Romulans just wore helmets the whole time.

[ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: Ryan McReynolds ]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Tucker

The Tucker?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's of Bajor, but will find no rest there.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know they cast a car. Didn't they learn from "Knight Rider?"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
Member # 709

Or 'Knight Boat'

oh no, theyre going ashore.. weve lost them!
No wait, theres an inlet!
Oh, theres always an inlet.. or a canal.. or a fj�rd!

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.