Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Cousins :) $$$$

Author Topic: Cousins :) $$$$
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As in Farscape, cousin species that share a common ancestor.

In 'Enterprise"'s case, cousin designs of ships. When I first saw the Axanar ship adrift, I thought immediately of the Cardassian freighter Groumall. Are these two ships distantly related?

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought of the Breen ship.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proteus,

I am reading that mistake on most ST-related boards. The ship in question appears before the Breen-type ship. This first alien ship is grey with her name written in Axanarian on the port bow.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proteus & Targetemployee: I had the exact same feelings you did. I would even go so far as to state that I think the two ships were modifications of the originals. I believe the Breen ship was CGI while the Groumall was an actual physical model, but I'm not sure.

22nd century Breen...wouldn't that be nice

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking Breen myself.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shouldn't even be in here but...

22nd Breen... all they wear is a brown-paper bag ;o)

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it does turn out to be the breen. i will be happy. perhaps we will find out how they developed the cold suits. (as thier planet is actually a tropical paradise)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quoth Weyoun, who is not necessarily the most trustworthy person in the galaxy.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, um, i think Weyoun was being sarcastic, because there was a lot of commentary about how Cardassians didnt like to be assigned to the Breen embassy because it was .. *freezing*

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I expect Weyoun was serious. But he probably got his info from one of the Breen who was probably trying to mess w/ his head. :-)
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He just couldnt recognize the sarcasm in the Breen's voice.
Picture it.
And then imagine what it sounded like when the Breen laughed about it later.

By the way, the 'unknown' alien ship looked very un-Breen like, and the Axanar ships sure as hell didnt look anything like the Antares. Look closer...

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps