Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Generic Heads-up... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Generic Heads-up...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Nebula was seen in the beginning portion of the episode and was heavily damaged (some say destroyed) by the Prometheus with the Romulans in command of her. At the end of the episode, the EMH's have taken control of the Prometheus when two Romulan Warbirds show up along with two Defiant class starships and one Akira class starship. "Message in a Bottle" is really the only time in Star Trek that we get good, clear views of the underside of an Akira class.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was the Bonchune (the Nebula) in the beginning, and she was disabled. In the end, it was two Defiants and an Akira.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Commander Dan
Member # 558

- posted      Profile for Commander Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:

As for Zimmerman's quote, all I have to say is...it took four months to design that ship? It looks like it should have taken four minutes...

Come on now... be realistic! It would have taken more than four minutes! Maybe four hours...

--------------------
“My experience with Rick Berman is, you know, he does not understand what he's doing, he does not understand science fiction.”
-- Andrew Probert

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've had the Akira-prize argument before, its getting stale.

I've been to the bookstore and i have seen the new publications.

The Broken Bow novelization is cool (i didnt buy it but read it there.. the first chapter is told from Klaang's point of view! beautiful! Diane Carey is one of my favorites..) but there are no pictures. The 'making of' section is all text.. unless i missed a couple b&w graphics, but theres no color inserts i could see.

The Star Trek communicator has very little new graphically or technologically.. all shot from Broken Bow, most of which we saw in TV Guide or ST: The Mag 2 weeks ago. The interviews are nice, though.. when i find quotes that i think need commenting ill post them.. weve covered the 'designing the NX-01' and 'Braga on Romulans' part earlier in this thread.
The most interesting thing about Communicator is that it is done in the style of their computer graphics.. mostly gray and unsaturated pastel tones, top windows style menu (they use drop downs!) in a font i recognize as BankGothic off my computer, but its pretty bootleg so im pretty sure it has a more proper name esewhere. Its a thinner squared off version of a wide font, like TNG ship hull microgramma without the curves. the drop down menus use 45 degree angles on their sides, and feature side screen switching tabs, similar to in my photoshop.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps