Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Big "What happpened to the aliens?" Challenge (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Big "What happpened to the aliens?" Challenge
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Edit: I can count now ]
Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen, to our weejky "What happened to the aliens?" Challenge!

The contestants this week are the Suliban and the upcoming Xyrillians (sp?).

There are four possible anwers:

A) The respective aliens were conquered/enslaved/murdered by one of the known aggresors (Klingons, Romulans, Tholians, Gorn)
B) The aliens changed their minds and enden up being members of the Federation
C) Nothing happened to them, and they were simply not heard from again.
D) Other....

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh.. the Suliban might have been conquered by the Klingons.. then, through interbreeding, certain populations of Klingons gained the Suliban ability to change appearance through genetic alteration. As late as the 2260s, some 10% of the Klingon population has the limited ability to change their appearance, such as smoothing out their foreheads at will and then reverting back to normal for their later appearances. Of course the genes die out soon later as no new suliban genetic material is added to the Klingon genome

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You say there are four possible answers, yet you give only three...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are saying you didn't *know* I can't count?

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but we ARE saying you like to repeat yourself.

Perhaps you're stuck in some sort of causality loop...causality loop...causality loop...causality loop...causality loop...causality loop...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not stuck in a causality loop. We just left Starbase 12 three weeks ago. Weve been crossing the Typhon expanse since then. By the way, I wrote a nice theory on the Klingons up there.

I'm not stuck in a causality loop. We just left Starbase 12 three weeks ago. Weve been crossing the Typhon expanse since then. By the way, oh, hm thats odd i got the wierdest sense of deja vu.

I'm not stuck in a causality loop. We just left Starbase 12 three weeks ago. Weve been crossing the Typhon expanse since then. Didnt i already say about the Klingons?

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL

Maybe the Tribbles got them...

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll throw some spoiler warnings here just in case.

$
$
$

I'd be willing to bet that the Suliban are still in existence by the 24th century. The genetically endowed Suliban probably meet their end during Enterprise or sometime immediately thereafter, but the peaceful population of the Suliban that Sarin mentioned in "Broken Bow" would likely still be around. I don't know if they'd be a member of the Federation or a small independent sovereignty, though.

Considering that the size of the Federation in TOS was around 80 members (and that grew to 150 by the 24th century), I'm not surprised that some species are seem once or a few times in one series and then never seen again. Tellarites never made an appearance outside of TOS and the TOS movies (although the homeworld Tellar made one mention in DS9). The Andorians fared better as we saw a couple background Andorians in TNG (Lal considered an Andorian guise in "Offspring" and one was on Risa in "Captain's Holiday") as well as a mention of the homeworld Andor in DS9. Also consider that the Axanar had a couple mentions in TOS and then nothing in the 24th century (although I may be wrong on this point).

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And let me whip out my favorites: the Organians. A major race that held the Klingons and Federation at bay, and could disable weapons from light-years away. We never heard about them again. Not hearing about the piss-ant Suliban is hardly a big deal.

There are thousands of species in local space. We've seen a couple hundred throughout Star Trek. It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that there are many more -- potentially thousands -- we haven't seen at all. Nothing has to "happen" to them. Do you really think that the characters of the original series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager took the time to mention every species previously known to humanity for our cataloguing benefit? Isn't it conceivable that the Suliban, Xryllians, and all of the other races Enterprise will show simply never came up in conversation during the couple hundred hours of these people's lives that we see on screen?

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: Ryan McReynolds ]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Another note on ENT aliens (a note not worthy of it's own thread, so I thought I'd drop it in here)

Remember the small fat Rigelian from "Broken Bow"?
Is it me or does this guy looks a lot like the Rigelians from TMP? (http://eas2.mytoday.de/artoftrek/rigellian.jpg) These guys were described as 'sabre-toothed turtles'. The Rigelian from BB could've been an updated version of this turtle-race? What do you think?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no evidence that we saw any Rigellians in "Broken Bow"...
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Ehm.. they went to Rigel X, they uploaded the Rigelian language to their UT devices, and then they could talk to Mr. Fat Alien...right!?

Or did I miss something?

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

We could infer that since they were on a Rigel planet, programmed to speak Rigellian that the person in the bar was Rigellian.

TSN is pointing out that its also possible he wasnt Rigellian, a valid point given that there were many other species there too.

However, if we think he looks like the Rigellians from the background of the movie, then we could consider him more definitely to be Rigelian.. im going to have to look into that one, bacause i dont remember what they look like.. pics of TMP and Broken Bow anyone?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.