Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Mother Knows Best (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mother Knows Best
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...I'm casually wondering if anyone has mentioned that Pon Farr cannot be an open issue on Enterprise. Just like the identity of Romulans or the Vulcan Neck Pinch [as well as the Death Grip ]. The way they handled the VNP was alright, easy enough to not be known about by the rest of the crew. What bothers me is that the Pon Farr situation would not be as easily to handle unless there were other Vulcans around at the time, of if they were even near Vulcan.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
...I'm casually wondering if anyone has mentioned that Pon Farr cannot be an open issue on Enterprise.

I don't think that anyone's mentioned it, but you're right. In "Amok Time" (TOS), pon farr was a big Vulcan secret that not even medical officers were informed of.

quote:
Originally posted by J:
Just like the identity of Romulans or the Vulcan Neck Pinch [as well as the Death Grip ]. The way they handled the VNP was alright, easy enough to not be known about by the rest of the crew.

Nothing in the original series suggested that the neck pinch was unknown at the time, so that wasn't a problem to begin with.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although the loophole is that, if it happens, T'Pol will trust the secret of pon farr to Archer and PHlox and they wont tell anyone out of respect for her, and no one will know about it 112 years later. Eeeeeeaaaaaassy fix.

And i think the neck pinch wasnt a secret.. if anyone asked about it the first time Spock did it, its because they were just unfamiliar with Vulcan capabilities as a person, not as a race (just because one human wasnt aware of a Vulcan capability doesnt mean they all arent, just that one)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, nobody's mentioned it...well, except for me. No one's mentioned the neck pinch thing either...except for me...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$ Terra Nova $poiler$

HEY... Was it just me .. or did T'Pol lightened up in the the last ep!?

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Alshrim, it was not just you; she was very good last night. Which makes me wonder: are they showing the episodes in the order they were filmed? Last week she was the very early, "chip-on-her-shoulder" T'Pol; this week it looks like she has been gradually improving. Not only that, but it was said that they had only been out a month in "Unexpected," correct? Now, that is not neccessarily a violation of anything, but if the episodes are being shown out of filmed order, perhaps "Unexpected" was filmed earlier.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.