Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Andorian thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Andorian thread
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If, (and this seems to hinge on this) A-Channel does buck the trend of non-UPN stations and shows the promo for next week (unlike, *cough* City *cough*), our Albertan/Manitoban/Bell Expressvu-blessed forumites will catch a first glimpse of the new Andorians when next week's episode promo runs tonight.

Those of you with the ability to make you television and computer see eye-to-eye might want to consider making a whole pile of new friends and go a-capturing tonight.

If A-Channel needs those thirty seconds of potentially advertising airtime that badly, looks like this thread'll have to wait another twenty-four hours to be useful. C'est la vie.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't help you, I'm afraid.

=(

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My next acquisition on eBay will likely be an Apple TV/Video system, but not likely in time to help you...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell me, when does A-Channel usually air it's promos? Usually when I watch Trek, they show the promo after the last act, but A-Channel so far hasn't done that...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the thing, Christopher... while UPN stations are essentially required to show the promo for next week, off-network airings are free to drop the promo for an extra commercial (why they can't just squash the end credits and play it concurrently I have no idea). It might have something to do with the promo not arriving in time via a satellite feed. If A-Channel doesn't show it, then I guess we're all gonna have to wait until tomorrow night.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A buddy of mine get's A-Channel .. and can divy something up! :-)

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, *I* get A-channel.. And AFAIK they didn't run Enterprise last night. Instead, we got a crapy rerun of Psi-Factor. And no, AFAIK they didn't spontaneously run it an hour earlier in the Calgary market. Argh!

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually.. my buddy told me that they played the ep an hour early!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$ Spoilers!

Wow, the make-up for the Andorians isn't too shabby. It looks like the forehead is built up a little more like Westmoore said in an interview. These Andorians are a lighter shade of blue (sky blue I think) and their hair isn't as shaggy as it was in TOS or TNG.

Editted because I seem to be confusing the production team of Star Trek for the American forces command in Vietnam.

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Paramount is being so un-canon on Enterprise they enlisted America's top ranking General from Vietnam, eh?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Wow, the make-up for the Andorians isn't too shabby. It looks like the forehead is built up a little more like Westmoore said in an interview.

Yeah, but luckily it's not a predictable "ridged forehead," it just looks like they've got a slightly differently-shaped skull. Almost not noticeable unless you knew to look for it, in my opinion. I'm just jazzed to see them at all.

The fact that the promo kept mentioning the original series was nice, showing that (at least occasionally) they're actually targeting old-school fans as well as the 18-35 males... being a 21 year old original series fan, I get the best of both worlds.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started a whole rant about not adding foreheads to TOS aliens just because Westmore has a fetish for forehead oddities (I swear he must get off on it.. i stil lhate what he did to the Romulans)

Looking at the Andorians from ST:TMP, it should be noted they wore an exaggerated brow-forehead piece.. im hoping its similar to that (tell me.. im not watching my tape of the preview until tomorrow)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Or I could show you...

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

(not my pics)

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad at all!

These Andorians seem to be of the same type as the ones in TMP.

They seem to be a bit small, for Andorians..

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have mixed feelings about giving them all that Rutger Hauer blonde look, though. It might be the prevalent hair color for the species, yes, but it's also one place where one could show "racial variety" (I don't really like the idea of seeing distinctly negroid or asiatic Andorians, for example - if there is "racial" variation, it should be of some *alien* type). Three blondes and one with blue hair might have been more interesting... Or is white their equivalent of a crew cut, obligatory for the military and thus favored by paramilitary activists?

Also, if you have blonde hair like that, wouldn't you choose to wear a commando mask over it if you have bothered to don a black commando suit? (then again, commando masks and antennae might pose a problem...)

Those guns look like custom pieces, don't they?

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps