Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Andorian thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Andorian thread
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't this uniformity in looks emphasize the insectoidy background of the Andorian race?
And why *would* there be racial differences on Andor? Just because *we* have?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there *are* racial differences on Andor... look at the difference between the 'ENT' Andorians, the TOS Andorians, the TMP Andorians, the TVH andorians, and the TNG andorians.. lotta different stuff going on there.
Big antennae, skinny antennae, sloping brow, bulbous brow, no brow, forward antennae, back antennae, etc...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't call that Racial Differences .. I would call that --- Facial differences.

Just like, I could have bushy eyebrows, and you don't. I could have big-lips or teeth, and you have thin lips, and moderate teeth. My teeth can be croocked and yours perfect.

I could have a bad complexion and yours flawless. I have a deep voice, you don't.

These are how I see the differences in the Andorians.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so youve noticed my flawless complexion... why i do declare! *blinks rapidly*

but if we were both descended from different continents on Earth, there would be differences in our bone structure that would trace us back to our specific ancestry, rather than the differences that would arise from our being evolved on the same continent and having different family resemblences

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The promo is online now (http://www.trektoday.com), and there *are* Andorians with brown hair in it .
It also speaks of the Andorian Imperial Guard. So, our blue soon-to-be allies seem to live in an Empire. The Andorian Empire... does have a nice fanboy-ish ring to it.
There must be a really good reason for these three races to form a federation in ten years.

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, although Andor becomes a member of the Federation by the time of TOS and TNG/DS9/VOY, do we know for certain (and, by that I mean canon sources, and not fandom's wet dreams) that they're one of the top-three original founders?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
Member # 709

Weve been through this before.. of course we have no idea who the Federation founders are, so we cant count Andorians among them.

And my nocturnal emissions revolve around NCC-numbers and warp nacelle arrengements, not Andorians (oh i do think about the Earth females though.. the Terran women are quite comely in their own backwards manner)

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found an interesting factoid -- Roxanne Dawson is directing this episode.... Cool!

And .. some of the BEST NEWS:

Guest Cast:

Jeffrey Combs as Andorian Terrorist

Steven Dennis as Tholos
Bruce French as Vulcan Elder
Jeff Rickets as Keval
Richard Tanner as Vulcan Initiate
Jamie Shane as Tactical Crewman

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Alshrim ]

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shya, like I couldn't pick out *THAT* voice a couple of rooms away... I loved his performances as Weyoun and also Brunt, but the spot on Voyager was ho-hum, if even tiresome. Hope he gets good lines this time around. My brother was like, "Geez, that guy gets more guest parts than Martok - almost!" lol...

I hope they're not trying to imply that *all* or most Andorians are as short as the Ferengi - that's a deciding factor in why they cast anyone as the latter species, because of their height. I, for one, am still partial to the chick from the short-lived SF Academy comic series... *hehehe*

~ Jas

--------------------
http://stmultiverse.homestead.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope they show an Andorian with 'locks, like Shar.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was immensely relieved that the 'updating' of the Andorian makeup was so tastefully done. From the way they kept mentioning that they had changed it, I thought for a while that we might end up with Klingon-syndrome!

Now I see that my fears were unfounded and I am very much looking forward to the episode.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Andorian make up is fine, not a problem. What I really what to know is whether we'll see an Andorian SHIP!!! If so, I hope it's more than a simple thrown-together ship of the week. If the Andorians become a major race (like the Cardassians, Romulans, and Klingons), they should invest some effort in creating a memorable iconic design.

BTW, I've only seen the first ep, so can anyone tell me it we've seen any Vulcan ships yet?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should be pointed out that, considering how Combs has described his roll ("Andorian terrorist"), it is quite possible that the "Imperial Guard" does not reflect whatever the dominant Andorian government is.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and no Vulcan ships yet. In two weeks.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, ooh! Let's also note that the robes the Vulcans are wearing appear pretty darned similar to the ones Spock and assorted other Vulcans wore in films III and IV. And possible I, though my memory of that scene is dicier.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.