Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » A Bold New Direction

Author Topic: A Bold New Direction
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First new pics of Season 3, including the all new, barely clothed T'Pol:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/150803_02.shtml

And even the guest actors are wondering what the hell's going on. "This is Star Trek?"

Sadly, StarTrek.com is constantly timing out. Perhaps the new design is a bit too heavy.

Info on the different Xindi:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/150803_01.shtml

Sounds like interesting species. Plus, the first time we have aquatic aliens on a live-action ST show. Oh wait, we had that ocean world on VOY.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, if that is barely clothed, nude beaches in your nation must be hotspots of chaste fashion.

Anyway, the outfit. Very Wilma Deering. I'm excited about the Xindi, though.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Uh, if that is barely clothed, nude beaches in your nation must be hotspots of chaste fashion."

Well, in fairness, the new outfit is even more revealing than the old one. Wasn't there something about "no more catsuit"? I was expecting something more than just "since it's in two pieces now, it isn't really a catsuit".

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. The only difference I can see is that she's showing a tiny amount of chest. In fact, it actually looks less like a "skin tight Seven Of Nine outfit", and more like regular clothes. Extremely tight regular clothes, but still...

And with regards to:

quote:
"I've got bikinis bigger than the outfit Rajiin wears when she's first seen. The costumer arrived with what looked like a roll of string to be strategically placed. I went, this is Star Trek? He went, 'Yep!'"

She must have been watching different Trek than I've been watching years. Or was Troi's outfit the height of practibility?

I suspect that the quote's there merely to get the wank-boys watching. The same people who all screamed "We saw the TX's bum! THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE!!!"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the fuck is that?! It looks stupid, and horrible. And baby-blue is not her colour.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is kind of frightening looking in any color.

But would I hit it?

You know it.

I would hit anything that was borne from a human, at this point.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm... I thought anything that went into the Delphic expanse got evicerated or otherwise made to not be alive anymore. How come there are tons of aliens all congregating and apparently still breathing? Or did they decide very quickly that the Delphic Expanse can't really be that scary of a place or they would have to do something different and risky?

Sorry... bit of bitterness slipped out there. I'm actually looking forward to the third season.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would they know that things became unalive in there?

I thought it was just "nothing has ever returned from there", which means that having lots of ships inside is likely and possible and likely.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was just that there were various pockets of the expanse which were especially dangerous but not the whole expanse as a whole. Obviously if the Xindi came from there then there must be a degree of habitable space for them to romp and play within.

And holy fuck-- what 32 hours without sleep does to my grammar. [Eek!]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like they're trying to evolve T'Pol's costume towards something similar to the TOS Science/Medical uniform. The colour is about right and it has a V neck, no black flares yet though. [Wink]

I'm quite interested in how the multi species Xindi might play out, although I suspect that we'll mostly just see the reptiles and huminoids used as cannon fodder for the new marines.
I always felt that so much more could have been done with the Dominion's different races, like a dark reflection of the Federation.

As for the expance, I think it was just the Vulcans who got the funky "there be dragons here" vibe, what with them finding a ship of inside out Klingons and getting a weird *cough* Event Horizon *cough*.
For some reason twenty second Century Vulcans seam to have an illogical fear of things they don't understand, so far that includes time travel, dark matter nebulae, mind melders and spooky purple wibbly things.
You could argue that it's B&B not doing justice to trek's oldest alien race, (and you might be right) or you could interperate this trend as being the result of the Vulcans living in a closed, conformist and apparantly quasi-religious gerontocracy for so many centries.
In that respect it shows that being a part of the Federation had (will have) a real impact on Vulcan culture and probably on Earth culture too since the Humans on ENT have a bit of an attitude problem and a sense of resentment that isn't really there in later eras (McCoy's grumblings and Sisko's grudges asside.)

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell did that guest actress mean, "this is Star Trek?" Hello? William Ware Theiss, anyone? Has she ever even seen the show?

(Of course, that having been said, I much prefer the Theiss Titillation Theory to the Braga Boobies Belief (or its subset, the Spandex See-All Surmise), but the actress couldn't possibly have wondered why she was being dressed in accord with some concept of eye-candy. After all, she's evidently supposed to play a Slave Babe. What was she expecting? Burlap?)

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The only difference I can see is that she's showing a tiny amount of chest."

Well, yes, I wasn't saying there was a lot of surface actually exposed. But her old suit was basically a second skin. Now she's got a second skin that exposes some of her real skin. So, technically, it's more revealing.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if they used the Heromachine to design her new outfit.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One good thing about this new premise is that instead of less, we now probably get more multi-episode stories. Always better than the eternal reset button.

One more thing about T'Pol's sexy new uniform.. what happened to her rank insignia?

How geeky am I!? Instead of wanting to see more naked flesh, I want to see a rank insignia!?!?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$

$

$

$

$

$

Well, she did resign, didn't she?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.