Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » NX-02? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NX-02?
Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guy and Gals
I was just wondering if there as been a given a official name to the being built NX-02 and are there more being built
Just wondering and thanks ;-)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we've seen any names for other NX-class ships (I believe it was mentioned that about half-a-dozen others were being built), but I think names to expect are the old Star Trek standbys: Hood, Defiant, Victory, Lexington, Yorktown, Excalibur, etcetra.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given the projected timeline for the completion of NX-02 from "The Expanse", it's good money that we'll know the answer in time for the 3rd season finale, and not before.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds like a fun competition: What (USS Name) and when (Season and episode) will the next NX class ship be named?

I guess USS Florida in episode 5 of season 3.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Federation starship USS Buttcrack!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you drink one too many YooHoos?
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, I think that the only fitting name should be...

Columbia.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed, Kazeite.

Then NX-03 Challenger
NX-04 Atlantis
NX-05 Endeavour
NX-06 Buran

BTW - NASA is short one shuttle now - why don't they just buy Buran and give it a make-over - it could be done on Ricki Lake! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect that they might go with Yorktown, because of the history and small in-jokeness.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget the Discovery? And I think I heard that the Buran is now a restaraunt in downtown Moscow...

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buran's fate.
Omega
Member # 91

Roof collapse. Okay, NOT a restaraunt in downtown Moscow, then. Anybody have any idea what I'm thinking of?

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not completely crazy, Omega. I believe it's the static test article that now sits in Gorky Park. It was converted into a space-themed cafe and/or amusment park attraction. Just do a search on Buran and Gorky Park and you'll find enough info.

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mayweather said there were four more NX class ships on the drawing boards, right? That would be 02, 03, 04, and 05.

NX-02 showing up just in time to pull Enterprise's arse out of the fire during the season 3 finale seems like a good bet. The season will go on just long enough for the ship to be built, tested, and warp its butt over to the Expanse.

And I'd say Columbia is solidly in the running for the name.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jefferies NX-02
Season 3 finale

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps