Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$ - He's back - $$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$ - He's back - $$$
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or at least the name "Kirk" could be in one of its various incarnations.

link

It certainly seems to be another shameless plug, but I've seen worse, and it would be nice to see them resurrect some of the older stars. It would be interesting to see if Berman can pull it off, the question is how he might intend to do it....

[ September 06, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing Berman and Braga he will appear but it will never be stated onscreen that his name is "Kirk" [Smile]
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No matter how many $s you put in it, if the title gives away everything already....

I don't know what to think of it. Might be cool, might be very very bad.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
I don't know what to think of it. Might be cool, might be very very bad.

Isn't that the exact same thing we've said about most every episode or story idea "Enterprise" has done in the past two years?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Four words:

sweeps
week
ratings
ploy

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^
surprised they dont have those words trademarked yet, they certainly own a lot of stock in em..."Regeneration", "Minefield", "Acquisition"....the last two seasons of Voyager...

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
No matter how many $s you put in it, if the title gives away everything already....

'aight, not that its really saying much, at least compared to the original posting title at the link, especially since it is little more than a rumor that may or may not manifest itself in the near or distant future.

However, seeing that the time has long expired, if someone feels so inclined to edit you could possible change it "He's back" and then add to the first line something like "Kirk that is", so we can avoid any more potential soured milk.

--------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The existing first line of the post is good enough...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering that Shatner's taken every chance at convention's this year to bash Enterprise and Berman/ Braga, this may be just something to molify the old bastard.
Really, If I go to a con (and I rarely do nowadays) I don't want the guest to just go off for an hour about how Trek sucks now and the producers should be fired.

But on the other hand, he really knows best.
Tekwar was fucking amazing. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Well I was looking at Shatners webpage where he has a miniforum and he was saying , just last week (8/28), that:

quote:
I've heard there is a rumor about a new series. A company had asked me to be in a pilot for a series, it's true, but unfortunately, the series has nothing to do with Star Trek. This is unfortunate because Star Trek is as dear to me as it is to you. Wouldn't it have been nice if it were for Star Trek? One can only hope at this point because it doesn't seem to be in the cards over at Paramount. But it warms my heart to know that Star Trek is still loved out there and I appreciate all your curiousity and enthusiasm about it. My best, Bill
So the guy is looking for someone to throw him a Trek-bone...

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, what's so new about this? I heard this rumour months ago.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

have a cookie...

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirk in heavy make-up would be interesting... a Ferengi! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hm, i wonder if they'll discover the Nexus.. ?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus Fuck, I hope not.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps