Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Season Three Music [possible spoilers]

Author Topic: Season Three Music [possible spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, has anyone been noticing the change in the music in the episodes so far? The premiere wasn't especially notciable, but in "Anomaly" there was a lot of synth and bass, appropriate to the suspense and action in the episode. And now with "Extinction" we get a lot of strings and some very grandiose, epic-style music - above par for the franchise in both cases. I take it this is part of the "re-tooling", and hopefully will continue - it's quite a change IMO.

Comments?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's odd, the music during the episodes is afr superior while the new introduction is sheer crap.
A trade-off I'll happily accept though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've noticed the 'in-story' music has been quite spectacular all-in-all. I've been most impressed with the 'approach the planet' scores. I remember especially err...dramatic music this and last week when they first approach the planet and the mini-Dyson sphere....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps