Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » MACOs of Good and Evil? [possible spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MACOs of Good and Evil? [possible spoilers]
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who was it and when was it said about the last time there was a mutiny onboard an Earth/Federation ship? I can't remember who, or even which series it was TOS, TNG, or DS9--- is that bad or what?

Anyone with a better memory?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was probably TOS. They were rather quick to call something 'the first time ever since..'.

I believe (one of) Kirk's trials was also 'the first'.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
To me, it doesn't make much sense to send a Major along with a mere single platoon of soldiers, other than to wave the MACO's flag.... Or plan skull-daggeries. Planning normal platoon level missions doesn't really need someone as high as a Major, I don't think.

Under normal circumstances I would agree, but Archer went along on the mission. And that still doesn't explain why he's chillin' in his bunk when numerous boarding parties raid the ship. I just thought his character would play a major part (pardon the pun), rather then one episode and out.

Special Forces work differently then normal units which would generally not risk high ranking officers. Often Captains, Majors, and sometimes even Lt. Colonels in the Special Forces would lead missions.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by J:
[QB] Who was it and when was it said about the last time there was a mutiny onboard an Earth/Federation ship? I can't remember who, or even which series it was TOS, TNG, or DS9--- is that bad or what?

In "The Tholian Web" it was said that there had never been a mutiny in Starfleet yet later in "Whom God's Destroy" it was stated that Captain Garth's crew had mutinied against him "years ago".

However, they probably wouldn't count Earth Starfleet of Archer's time, just the Federation Starfleet.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps