Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Save Enterprise (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Save Enterprise
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's in response to the word pray... I'd not that it's in the use of "pray tell" not "pray to God"

IE... I'm begging.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What are you normally?"

Going by that beard of his, I'd say depressed. B)

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again - tho' last night - another fricken repeat.. is it just me - or do the EXECs that have such itchy trigger fingers on our tv shows - play as many repeats as regular shows during a regular season?!?

I dunno - it just feels like that.. we get two new shows... then a repeat.. two more new shows.. then.. repeats... then another new show.. another repeat.. it's driving me nuts.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was kinda insulted by what they moved to the 8-9 hour.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twenty-Three episodes / season.
Fifty-Two weeks / year.
Twenty-Nine weeks / no new episodes.

Would you rather:
solid block of nothing new, less than a half a year to "watch your shows?"
or
interspersed with repeats so as to make the running year longer?

So that you have more to live for.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... at least I can set the VCR to record ENT and Smallive with 1 of my 8 presets instead of 2 now.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um, some clarification, Enterprise is doing reruns now after already showing new episodes for a month or two. Only during the reruns will it air at 9pm. When the next new episode airs, the show will return to the 8pm slot.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my point is - i think that during a regular season - there shouldn't be any repeats!!! DO a full season - no repeats and syndicate them on the off season!

Don't see shows like "24" showing a repeat half way thru a season...

that's what's driving me nuts... I'm just venting..

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I kinda like watching one rerun of a new episode. Also, bear in mind that the are still filming the last of the new episodes when the first ones are aired. To show all the new ones at once, they would have to put-off showing the new ones by a month or two. We would still be seeing the finale in April, but wouldn't have seen THE EXPANSE until December(or so).

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
24 showed reruns during the first season, but they haven't since then. They just take the show off the air for a few weeks then come back with a new episode.

Showing reruns must not have worked for 24 (which doesn't surprise me). It's not totally the same with other shows, but as connected as the eps of Enterprise have been of late, reruns could sort of spoil the flow.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
To show all the new ones at once, they would have to put-off showing the new ones by a month or two. We would still be seeing the finale in April, but wouldn't have seen THE EXPANSE until December(or so).

Which is pretty much what they do with US imports over here now. Originally, we didn't get them until months after the US had shown them. Now they time it so that the season ends over here at roughly the same point it does in the US. So they don't start the season until, er, December (or so).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

J
Member # 608

So they should start filming earlier so that they are done before they ever get to having to put up reruns in a season. And if the unions whine... screw that, they still get the same amount of time as a break it's just rescheduled.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _

[email protected]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, of course, if they did show the whole season all at once, the same people would complain about having to wait a full six months between two parts of a cliffhanger.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
So they should start filming earlier so that they are done before they ever get to having to put up reruns in a season. And if the unions whine... screw that, they still get the same amount of time as a break it's just rescheduled.

Yes, SCREW the unions.
I really want to have more episodes like Shades of Grey. [Wink]

J
Member # 608

TSN... does it matter? 6 months of new and 6 of reruns, or 8 months of new with 2 months of reruns intersparsed and then 4 months of nothing but reruns. The only way around that is to have a year round filming schedule, capable of producing episodes to fill upwards to 45 weeks in a year. I'd rather have all the new episodes and all the reruns lumped together instead of breaking up the new episodes with reruns. I don't have to look for the episodes summary to see if it's worth watching [because it's new] or worth forgetting about [because it's a rerun]-- I just watch until the end of the season and then wait until yahoo says "season premier" in the fall.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _

[email protected]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps