Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Save Enterprise (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Save Enterprise
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no, you just haven't lived through such a situation. Believe me, it's far better to have a few weeks of repeats in between new episodes than having the repeats after the new episodes and being bored because there isn't anything worth watching on TV. Currently, on cable here they are just showing reruns of the first half of S2 of ENT, after having shown them first - the second half will have to wait until the reruns are over. Fortunately, I have the current (S3) episodes to watch. And on local TV, what they usually did with a multi-season show was show the whole first season, repeat it, show the whole second season, repeat the first, then the second, show the third, repeat the first, second and third, show the fourth, etc., which was even more exasperating. And you're complaining because there are a few weeks of reruns?

Of course, ideally (for me, at least), they should start with half a season of new episodes from S1, then alternatively show a new episode and a repeat from then on. And of course, once the series is over, there's still half a season of repeats.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get stranded on a remote Scottish island, and don't have net access for a week, and finally get online, then come here and the top thread on the list is this one. "Oh," I think, "fucking typical, they cancel the show and I miss the fireworks. . ."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is more to life than TV.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much more...

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

machf
Member # 1233

Especially when you arrive home late and tired.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and... rerun TV is no TV at all.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

machf
Member # 1233

This was posted yesterday at rec.arts.startrek.current:

quote:

X-Abuse-Report: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Path: uni-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!border1.nntp.ash.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntpserver.com!news.teranews.com!not-for-mail
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:47:13 GMT
Lines: 8
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Subject: Overheard at the wrap party: Enterprise won't be back!
User-Agent: Xnews/5.04.25
Xref: uni-berlin.de rec.arts.startrek.current:500238

Production on Enterprise season 3 wrapped up yesterday. At the party
afterwards, one MAJOR cast member was overheard saying he did NOT expect to
be back for a 4th season. The overall mood at the party was gloomy and low-
key. The cast and crew was understandably tired, but there was also a
palpable sense of frustration at the lack of a decision regarding
Enterprise's future and the lack of any encouragement from the network. It
seems many of the people behind the scenes feel that the franchise is about
to shut down and that yesterday was Star Trek's final day in production.

By the poster's name, I wonder if that's the same usual "reliable source" TGL has quoted sometimes... So far, I haven't heard anything on the subject anywhere else.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't believe anything until the official website says anything.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On UPN, ENTERPRISE is still getting better ratings then some shows you know they gonna keep.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

StarCruiser
Member # 979

- posted      Profile for StarCruiser         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They'll keep the other junk because those are MUCH cheaper and easier to make money on... That's what may kill Enterprise - cost relative to profit. Sorry - but it's true.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing like a well placed rumor is there?
I recall a "reliable source" saying that Worf was to die in DS9's final episode while killing Dukat in the DS9 finale.

Sounded plausable at the time but it was, of course, total bullshit.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

machf
Member # 1233

Yes, technically, it was Sisko...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sincerely hope that they DO NOT cancel "Enterprise". This is coming from someone who vehemnently objected to a 5th series. Season 3 has been fantastic (from what I have seen *downloaded*) BRILLIANT even. There have been some episodes that rival the best TNG and DS9 - even in Season 1 and season 2.

"Regeneration" - the episode I thought I was going to hate with a passion actually was one of the best Borg episodes in YEARS - probably better than all the Borg episodes of Voyager... in that episode I actually was again worried about the Borg and not just "oh they'll press the reset button".

I love Hoshi Sato - they need to do SO much more for her.

If the cancel Enterprise - after cancelling ANGEL (is it too late for Angel - can it be saved?) I'm gonna be mightily pissed off.

Here's a new show: A vampire fights to save television shows - helping the helpless fighting against evil television studios.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can already hear the opening monologue from Knight Rider in my head. [Big Grin]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night Angel: A shadowy figure of a show...that does not exist.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps