Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Officers' Lounge.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Let the victimisation start here..... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Let the victimisation start here.....
E. Keeler
Member # 1272

- posted      Profile for E. Keeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being a forum newbie i thought i'd start as always on the wrong foot......

Does anyone else out there think that Enterprise really isn't all it's cracked up to be?

--------------------
"Smooth as an Android's bottom...?"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong foot all right.

Lessee now, where should this go? Officer's Lounge, or Enterprise?

eenie meenie minie mo....

Enterprise it is.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess that depends on what people expect from the show. I expected it to be decent and so far it's just that. I enjoy watching it for the most part when I completely ignore any mention and act involving the neverending time travel.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

- posted      Profile for E. Keeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok then we'll carry on here, but the question remains, what have they done to a series that should have been so much more....?

Every week (when i bothered wathing every week that is..) I was left with an overwhelming feeling of dissatisfaction at the over acting, too modern stylisation of the ship and the pitiful attempts to gain more viewers by making the cast more 'sexy'.

C'mon Trip running round the ship in his underpants saving the crew from the Ferengi...

...T'Pol rubbing decontamination jelly overself revealing rather a lot of breast ...

I'm only human I can see the appeal but really I expected more.

--------------------

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

I'm not saying I hate the show- but I was somewhat dissapointed that it turned out to be nothing more light entertainment on a sunday afternoon, it sits there side by side with scrapheap challenge it'll do to watch if theres nothing better on.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you've missed this whole season, wich has had many moments on par with the very best of Trek.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's an "overself"?

Like any series, Enterprise has its good points and bad points. TNG and DS9 had the bad points too. I enjoy it for the most part, but take it for what it is. It's not going to change my conception of reality or leave me up three nights straight drooling over it's greatness, but it's got enough mystery in it to keep me watching. It's got good FX and good production design. It is what it is. It also happens to have something that only DS9 has had in the past... a continuing plot arc.

Plus, there's always the chance that T'Pol will rub jelly overself again.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

Bah, I'm not convinced, sorry guys, I guess more of Trip running round in his starfleet standard issue underpants wouldn't be all that bad.....

--------------------

Apostle
Member # 1267

- posted      Profile for Apostle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know. Flat panel monitors and digital controls? We don't even have those NOW!

--------------------
Webmaster,
Trekreview.com

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After watching Ent for a while I couldn't put myself in to the 'Elseworld' frame of mind to continue abusing my TV that way.

The concept is a good idea, the execution of the concept seems to leave a lot to desire....

In the series finale I can see Archer waking up as a kid having had one heck of a dream.... or leaping....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Species 1162
Member # 1162

- posted      Profile for Species 1162     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NooB! Let the smitting begin!

I rather enjoy Enterprise. I'm sure if I had millions of dollars in cash, access to state of the art production equipment and top-notch talent I could do better but I don't.

So I sit back and enjoy. And then I rip up dubmarse NooBs who log on with nothing better to do than complain.

--------------------
Experience Is What You Get When You Don't Get What You Want.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You tell em', Newbie. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least, Archer hasn't gone to a planet that looks exactly like Earth and fought in Roman Gladiatorial Combat.

Roddenberry himself said "The Enterprise is a vehicle in a very real sense. Not in the sense that it's an actual starship flying in space, but that it's a vehicle for telling stories".

While the Trek story arcs (like the Xindi) are nice, not all stories fit well and I like to think of them as anthology stories that are set in the same setting, but don't relate to each other.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So... this is just an "Enterprise Sucks" thread, then, huh?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Species 1162:
I rather enjoy Enterprise. I'm sure if I had millions of dollars in cash, access to state of the art production equipment and top-notch talent I could do better but I don't.

But, you do have access to millions of dollars...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps