Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Rate your Enterprise Cast (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Rate your Enterprise Cast
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
You nixed Trip for a MACO?!

Oops! No I forgot him!!

OK here is my list again.

Porthos [Smile]
Phlox
Trip
T'Pol
Archer
Hoshi (Although I still love her)
Reed
Hayes
Mayweather

There. I don't think I've forgotten any cast member this time. [Smile] Yes, Hayes isn't a main cast member.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trip -
Best actor in the bunch (IMHO), has had the best character developement, and is just a likeable character overall.

T'pol -
She's been the moral center of the crew, even with her "drug" habit, and is a good actress when not being reduced to a sex object.

Phlox -
Annoying at first, but his personality quirks have grown on me and is a good source for comic relief and other then T'pol generally is the best moral sounding board for the Captain and others.

Archer -
Normally would have been higher on the list, but this season has just been an extremely one-sided depiction of his character. Granted, he is tasked with saving Earth and that tends to make you focused on the goal, but I can't remember if he even cracked a smile this entire season or expressed any emotion besides anger or impatience. Still a good character though and that single-mindedness is a good quality dramatically sometimes.

Reed -
If you had asked this question in the first or early second season I would have told you he was my least favorite character. He was so fatalistic and always whining about something or other but in the latter half of the second season and in the third season he has really grown as a character. I enjoyed his interaction with Hayes and his obvious displeasure with some of the tasks he is asked to do as armory officer (the look on his face when he blew up the sentry outpost in "Azati Prime" for instance).

Mayweather -
Though underutilized, his character has the potential to be one of the most interesting on the show. The space boomer aspect needs to be explored more, especially their attitudes towards Starfleet which were glimpsed in "Fortunate Son".

Hoshi -
Though my favorite character from an eye candy standpoint, she has been used almost as little as Travis this season (at least until the last couple of episodes). They have never really explored the fact that she is clearly a genius and that should extend beyond the limited field she is allowed to participate in (comms and cryptography). I'd like to see her proposing solutions to some problems not related to communications issues.

Hayes, though not a primary castmember, has been a great addition this season and it would have been nice to have him stick around. [Frown]

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just find it funny that in the promos they were like "not everyone will make it..." or something like that, but instead of killing one of Our Heroes�, they kill off a character that was introduced earlier in the season and hardly seen (hmm...sounds like Keffer...).
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the point of Keffer?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who'd they kill? Major what's-his-name?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Major Hayes.

And as for Keffer, the high-ups in charge of B5 wanted a hotshot pilot guy that would be the heartthrob of the show or something. But JMS didn't like the idea so he killed him off at the end of the season when the suits stopped enforcing anything on the show.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keffer was a good character... but Mr.Ranger [whose name I constantly screw up when I haven't seen the show in a while, Marcus?] was the best character on B5 and it sucks that he died! Why didn't Franklin use 500 people and suck a little bit of their life out to restore him! AH!

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the device work on dead people, though?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you'd think not, since it was invented to turn living people into dead people, not the other way around.

Or were you being sassy?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't it invented to turn living people into dead people so that dead people would live?

Was Marcus dead when Franklin got back to B5? If he was, then there was nothing they could do.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, to turn living people into dead people so that almost-but-not-quite dead people would live.

And Marcus was already quite stiff by the time Franklin got back from Mars, yes. It was so Emotional and Touching.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

But remember, Marcus is in stasis under Ivonova's orders to be possibly revived someday...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And he was revived briefly in some book, or something, I believe.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't being sassy. I just meant the Marcus was dead by the time anyone knew what he had done, and I couldn't remember whether the device only worked on still-living people or not.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps