Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Defiant/Enterprise bridge set. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Defiant/Enterprise bridge set.
Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys
I was just looking at some pictures of the Defiant bridge and was wondering whatever happen to the bridge set of the 60s? I know or I think that Paul Allen has the captains chair but whatever became of rest of the set. Was it throw away or is it in storage somewhere and it has been forgotten?
Thanks;-)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably for the most part thrown away.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I thought, but in an interview discussing the Defiant bridge they mentioned that they still had the stuff they'd build for "Trials & Tribble-ations" and even "Relics", so I'm guessing they do keep it somewhere.

Except that with the show finished, they might have thrown everything. Who can say in these modern times of silicone arses?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously I'm going by childhood memories, but I always thought that all sets, props, costumes etc. were deliberately destroyed except for a few pieces that were kept by crew members or found their way into the general Paramount/Desilu prop & costume stores.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's my fault for not reading the original post correctly.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the Next Generation Companion says that the bridge for Relics was realized through a combination of fan-built set components and retouched photos of the original bridge set. I doubt that anyone back then would have seen such a bright future for one of many '60s sci-fi shows that was cancelled after a short run, so there wouldn't be much of a reason to keep the sets in storage.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I know. I thought he was asking if they've kept the new Defiant set up now. But he wasn't. So my post makes me look silly. Ignore it.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For "Relics" they only built a small pie-section of the bridge, the rest was done using pics of the empty bridge (from "The Mark of Gideon" or summat) and a bluescreen. Not sure how much they did for "Trials and Tribble-ations."

--------------------

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Trials and Tribble-ations ever showed the bridge empty of the original '60s cast members. Wouldn't all footage of the bridge in that episode have been from The Trouble with Tribbles with the DS9 actors blue-screened in? I think they may have built some sets for the DS9 actors to interact with, but I don't think the bridge was one of them.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dax was on the bridge at one point playing with consoles and Sisko was sitting in a chair IIRC. Or was that in the mess hall?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sisko also gave Kirk a padd to sign...
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certain aspects of the TOS sets were rebuilt... including an addition to the bridge piece built for TNG's "Relics" but more expanded. The section Dax and Sisko were in bascially was half the bridge, or close to it that was built.

Corridors, a turbolift, a Jeffries Tube, and the K-7 Bar were built also.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
Member # 393

quote:
Originally posted by Zefram:
I don't think Trials and Tribble-ations ever showed the bridge empty of the original '60s cast members. Wouldn't all footage of the bridge in that episode have been from The Trouble with Tribbles with the DS9 actors blue-screened in? I think they may have built some sets for the DS9 actors to interact with, but I don't think the bridge was one of them.

Read what I wrote again. I was talking about "Relics." I said I didn't know what they did for "Trials and Tribble-ations."

--------------------

Zefram
Member # 1568

I was aware that you were referring to "Relics". My post was in response to your statement that you weren't "sure how much they did for 'Trials and Tribble-ations.'" Unfortunately I ended up being wrong about DS9 not using a recreation of the Enterprise bridge. They sure did a good job of matching the original footage. The K-7 station and the Enterprise models (or were they CGI?) looked pretty darn good too. The only problem with the episode was that putting Dax in one of the TOS mini-skirt uniforms seemed to highlight the how silly a '60s style mini-skirt looks on an officer of what is suppose to be a 23rd century starship.

--------------------

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sisko on the bridge with Kirk was a re-edit of the end of TOS "Mirror Mirror" with Sisko replacing the spot and actions performed by "our univers'" Marlena Moreau
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.