Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What could have been season 5 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What could have been season 5
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Except that it would have violated the idea that nobody knew what Romulans looked like until the 23rd century...unless she kept the whole thing to herself for at least a century.

She might not have known what her father looked like!?! Maybe she thought she had more Vulcan features. OK it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. *Shrug*.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Yeah I see you point Wiz. Although most people enjoyed season 4, it was basically a repository for TOS backstory. And would we want 3 more years of an RPG Sourcebook?

That "royal Jelly" horseshit was just used in a novel- made the Borg seem half as threatening
and quadruplegic Pakleds.

Seriously- the book sucked like a hooker in an open airlock.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually quite enjoyed it.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hooker in the airlock?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the book he's referring to.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Data were here he'd probably correct with with it blowinglike a hooker in an airlock, not sucking.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which isn't really a "correction" since both are accurate.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the hooker's point of view, yes. But technically, you are blown out into space, not sucked.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Yeah I see you point Wiz. Although most people enjoyed season 4, it was basically a repository for TOS backstory. And would we want 3 more years of an RPG Sourcebook?

That "royal Jelly" horseshit was just used in a novel- made the Borg seem half as threatening

Are you kidding me? Someone actually took that premise and wrote a book on it? I said it more to make a flippant cutesy remark but to take the notion and make it a novel is beyond ridiculous.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But technically, you are blown out into space, not sucked."

As I said, they're the same thing. You get carried out of the airlock by a movement of air. That air is blowing out of the ship. That air is also being sucked out of the ship. It just depends which point-of-view you want to describe it from.

When you drink something through a straw, do you say that you are sucking it into your mouth, or that it is blowing into your mouth?

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think it has to do with the fact that matter wants to move into a vacuum; a vacuum, being by definition nothing, can't "do" anything like suck. Matter 'wants' to go into an area of low pressure because of how molecules and atoms move in a fluid - vibrating, bouncing off each other, and if there is a larger container with less matter, they logically spread out more. But that's a function of the matter, not the container; or if you like, the air, not the vacuum.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
I really didn't like the introduction of the Borg on Earth during the Enterprise time period. It just did not make sense. It would only further stretch credibility to make the Borg Queen a human from that time as well. Until Q made his appearance the Borg were unaware of Earth. For a human of that period to get "The Royal Jelly" treatment and become the Queen and then somehow forget all about Earth? That just doesn't work.

I will grant that I like some of the fanboy stuff trying to tie in with the other series. However, there comes a point where its no longer a nod to the previous episodes we've see but becomes a desperate attempt to draw viewers wholly on nostalgia with little real substance. That is the feeling that I had through most of Enterprise. It tried so hard to scream "We are Star Trek TOO! SEE all the stuff we do like the other Treks?" that it had no feel of its own.

That's funny, because when it did have a 'feel of its own', during Seasons 1 and 2, it wasn't nearly as good as when it was more "Star Trek Prequel" during season 4.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:

Are you kidding me? Someone actually took that premise and wrote a book on it? I said it more to make a flippant cutesy remark but to take the notion and make it a novel is beyond ridiculous.
Yep- it's called Resistance.
A novel wherein Picard voulentarily becomes Locutous to "hear" the Borg's comminacations and Dr. Crusher just happened to save all the nanobots from when Picard was a Borg...but also the prostetic arm and black rubber suit too- amazing all the crap that survived the old ship's demise, no?
And that Starfleet would allow such a collection no less... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, in essence, he was re-assimilated. I think we've seen before that when re-assimilated, a borg seems to have it's identity wiped, while keeping the same designation. So, this locutus wouldn't be the same high ranking Locutus that was originally created, would he? It still sounds like a horrible book anyways.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps