Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TOS Sets In Los Angeles?

Author Topic: TOS Sets In Los Angeles?
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this is going to be an odd question and one that will probably strain the limits of the community's knowledge, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

I'm going to shoot a proof of concept for a potential project of mine and I need sets of the original Enterprise to do it. Specifically, the sets I need are the hallway, conference room, auxiliary control room, and optionally the shuttlecraft cabin and transporter room.

Does anybody know or have a lead on anybody in the Los Angeles area that has standing Original Series sets? I know there are the New Voyages guys in Upstate New York, but I need to find something a little closer to home, if possible.

If not, does anybody have access to blue prints or other diagrams that would enable one to rebuild those sets? Any help or directions you could point me to would be greatly appreciated. I wish I could afford to be a little less vague at this juncture, as I think you guys would get a kick out of the idea and some of the company I'm (sort of) keeping at the moment. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and hopefully the stars will align and this will be something that actually gets made and sees the light of day.

Thanks again, guys.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dunno. i can only think of 3 folks that made sets (Exeter, Phase II and Faragut) but where they were based out of i dunno...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of them is bound to be based in LA, but if not you could always try CGI backgrounds.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.