Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Series VI? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Series VI?
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what i meant to say wasy that timetravel, the exact means where likely classified as a 'state secret'. think about it. the Star Trek universe is full of many space capable races, old and new. if more than a few of the more... typical bad guy(tm) races knew about the more successful methods to be able to go back and forth in time, how badly screwed up the timelines would be.

i mean, thats the basis in why Daniels, that 29th century captain, Future actively tried to screw with the time lines, in some ways successfully screwing with the timelines.

guardian when i say bullshit, i most certainly dont say it lightly. all of those arguements are hate-based. you see it, feel it, when you read it.

i mean, specially the part about spock not being our spot. did the fact that Spock, old spock from STO/ST2009 was old... fricking mega old. if you saw your world go slurp, i most certainly agree that he would act the way he did in the movie. when your that old, all your friends from your youth gone, hell yeah he'd do exactly. that article (and apparently you, sir) think otherwise...

what you have not said is how old spock would act? yes i agree there was a lot of convient occurances that happened in ST2009 to help the plot go (since when does a movie or any sort of story doesnt)

and just to show that im capping the fuel cells on my forum flamer, why are we argueing?

oh... its because i reacted rather angryly about SWvsST. to that, i appalogize if i have offended.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
what i meant to say wasy that timetravel, the exact means where likely classified as a 'state secret'. think about it. the Star Trek universe is full of many space capable races, old and new. if more than a few of the more... typical bad guy(tm) races knew about the more successful methods to be able to go back and forth in time, how badly screwed up the timelines would be.

None of which has anything to do with what was written. The only person who needed to know time travel methods I spoke of was Spock, which he would've known if he were ours, because he personally dealt with all of them.

quote:
guardian when i say bullshit, i most certainly dont say it lightly. all of those arguements are hate-based. you see it, feel it, when you read it.
I don't know what a hate-based argument is, and since you've made it clear that you didn't read what was written, you can't claim anything about my arguments anyway.

quote:
when your that old, all your friends from your youth gone, hell yeah he'd do exactly. that article (and apparently you, sir) think otherwise...

what you have not said is how old spock would act?

Our Spock, older, would still act like our Spock. Entire episodes are based on characters acting out of character due to coercion, foreign agency, et cetera (Voyager notwithstanding) . . . yet in a film where so many details of what is purported to be our Prime universe are wrong, even Spock is out of character and no explanation is given? That's just silly. I see no need to jump through all sorts of mental hoops to try to rationalize away the obvious fact that the pre-incursion timeline from the movie still isn't our Prime timeline.

quote:
and just to show that im capping the fuel cells on my forum flamer, why are we argueing?

oh... its because i reacted rather angryly about SWvsST. to that, i appalogize if i have offended.

So you're angry about my website and that's why you're declaring arguments you clearly haven't read to be bullshit?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alright. since this argument is going overboard (and a lot of what Flare used to bring to me has lowered like alot of things on the net), i think ill take a break now.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps