Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » OccupySanctuaryDistrict

Author Topic: OccupySanctuaryDistrict
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://publicola.com/2011/10/06/occupy-seattle-to-stay-in-westlake-hold-meeting-tonight/

Gabriel Bell is involved with Occupy Wall Street, Seattle edition.

I heard his name spoken on the radio and nearly spewed my beverage.

Clearly, this is an overzealous time traveler trying to undo Sisko. He's early, in the wrong town, and with the wrong crowd for this to be the Bell Riots . . . if anything, the anti-Semitism and Nazi party endorsement makes this the John Gill Riots. But a cool "Trek in real life" moment nevertheless.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had a quick think about this. The 'in Trek' version was suppposed (according to the padd Nog reads in Little Green Men) be born in April '87, so were he real, he'd be 24 now.

But worse than that, the episode went out in January 1995. So, it is possible that a person named Gabriel Bell today could be a Trek fan's child born shortly after the episode aired. I've not looked at the guy, this is more of an excersise in feeling old because Past Tense went out that long ago!

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps