Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Favourite Star Trek Battle (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favourite Star Trek Battle
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there is a poll out for favourite Star Trek Comedy scene. Now how about favourite battle sequence?

My favourite is from STVI with the invisible Cloaked Bird of Prey. Sure, there may not be enough ships to blow up, but then again, the suspense in that scene just blows me away.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, I'd have to go with the two space battles between the Enterprise and the Reliant in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. The battle in the nebula was especially good, and I think that mainly because of Spock's sacrifice.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That battle was good, as was the whole sequence in TWoK. And, of course, there's SoA...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Robot: "Hey, I'm stuck up here!"
Cyclonus: "Everybody's got to be somewhere."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, Siegfried, go ahead and post what I want to say while I'm typing.

------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I dont think this is what you had in mind by "battle", but I loved the fight between Sisko and Q in an early DS9 episode

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole Wrath of Kahn sequence was beautifully crafted. But let's not forget "Call To Arms." That "camera on the torpedo" thing. Wow.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Wasn't that in WotW? Or was it in both?

------------------

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite a battle, but I loved the scene with the USS Oddyssey being kamikazed by the Jem'Hadar in "The Jem'Hadar". Still has me in awe seeing a Galaxy-class go down like that.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
Half this game is ninety percent mental.--Yogi Berra
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning.
--Albert Einstein

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're right Frank. That was WotW I was thinking of. Though I'd like to go ahead and vouch for "Call to Arms" too.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say it's a tie between Wolf 359 and the SoA battle for DS9. Actually, I'm gonna make it a 3-way tie between those 2 and the FC Battle for Earth.

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, some of my favourites have already been mentioned, but I'll add the battle between the Enterprise-D and the Duras bird of prey in Generations, I thought that was pretty well done too.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The battle at Sector 001 in First Contact. It was so much better done that SofA, which kept cutting away and totally ruined the impact.

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*puts the first vote in for Voyager!*

The whole of "Think Tank". Gotta love that ending.

I also like sequences from "Tears of the Prophets" and "The Jem'Hadar". *sees no appeal to the battles against the Borg; is a very strange person and knows it well*

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek VI final battle.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a quote from that same battle:

Captain Sulu: In range?

Helm officer: Not yet, sir.

Sulu: Come on, come on.....

Helm: Sir, she'll fly apart.

Sulu: Fly her apart then!!!

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps