Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » 'Star Trek 2' Leaked Set Photos (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'Star Trek 2' Leaked Set Photos
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.hypable.com/movies/2012/02/24/leaked-star-trek-2-photos-feature-zachary-quinto-as-spock-fighting-benedict-cumberbatch/

and

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieMaster/news/?a=55264&t=More_Amazing_STAR_TREK_2_Set_Photos_Leak_Online

Interesting. I'm still kind of puzzled at who Cumberpatch could possibly be.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garth Of Izar? Gary Mitchell? New character?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perchance the long-lost brother, Larry Mudd?

Edit: Peter Weller, yesss.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to know what the set they're fighting on is supposed to represent. Very industrial looking.
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If two vulcans attacked each other with nervepinches,
who would win?
 -

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I'd love to know what the set they're fighting on is supposed to represent. Very industrial looking.

They're in a brewery- it's the new Engineering set- now with even less sense!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a bunch broken storage containers really.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even more pics...

http://trekmovie.com/2012/02/24/more-photos-from-star-trek-set-imax-camera-spotted/

And they do look like containers, one of them is even labeled 35(9?).

Nim
Member # 205

Jason:
quote:
it's the new Engineering set- now with even less sense!
Oh Jason, I knew you would hit the ground running...
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about you, but after being at sea for a long time I wish our engineering main 2 had a brewery in it. It would make deployments more tolerable if you could have a beer after working a 10-14 hour day, seven days a week.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH.

THAT IS ALL.

(Yes, I knew he'd been cast. But let me enjoy the moment. Besides, even if the movie's a giant flaming turd, I'd pay the price of admission for him.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the comic series is to be considered at least partially canon, then Cumberbatch is not Gary Mitchell.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Cumberbatch as Sherlock - glad they're coming back for a third year. Funny thing is, I almost didn't notice him in "War Horse". It's funny how almost nothing stood out in that film despite the talent involved. [Razz]

I never understood that black undershirt with a purposefully-faded Starfleet logo on it. Kirk wore the same one through most of the first movie. What, it the fleet ashamed of basic black that they don't want people to know it's their shirt?

Speaking of which, they're obviously not changing the uniforms up any with this movie. Most TOS films added variations (or a whole new swath) to the uniform code. Perhaps Kirk gets a green wraparound this time out?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, it seemed to me that there was little variation in uniform from STII-VI. And I think the black undershirt was intended to differentiate Kirk from the rest of the crew and also to show the kind of "rogue" status he has.

Also, I never understood the love for this Sherlock, clearly the best Sherlock is Downey Jr. [Razz]

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremy Brett should have been a Trek villan.
A snide, violin playing, cocaine indulging baddie...in black, naturally.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps