Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$ Star Trek Into Darkness Speculation Discussion - Spoilers, natch (Page 1)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: $$$ Star Trek Into Darkness Speculation Discussion - Spoilers, natch
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$POILER$ no doubt to follow!

I just read on Empires website that TPTB at Paramount have released the plot synopsis for the next Trek movie. Yes, the one with the dumb name. It's here if you'd like to read it, and probably everywhere across the web too by now:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35860

Could (considering the other potential spoilers from cast and crew plus the odd rumour here-and-there) this be good news? Or should we be getting out our peril sensitve glases? Not sure, but at least it's some brand new Trek!

And, it took more than 1/8th of a second to read!

[ February 07, 2013, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Fabrux ]

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, there's a lot of talk of what "detonating the fleet" means. By itself, the phrase would suggest the destruction of a fleet of starships. But reading the rest of the synopsis, you get the sense of some sort of coup or uprising occurring in the Federation.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still looking forward to it, but the synopsis puts me into a typical complaining Trek fan mode.

It sounds like a very entertaining thrill ride, but not something that lives up to the words "star trek". I look forward to seeing 23rd century Earth, but I was really hoping this movie would be hurtling through the final frontier, taking full advantage of the freedom that the budget and technical capabilities have given the creators. Instead it sounds like we could have a very Earth-centric movie that's all about war, without scratching the surface of what's out there in the vast expanse of the universe. I'm having visions of a Transformers/Avengers style final showdown in a city on earth. But I fully accept that this press release is just a short paragraph that doesn't give a lot to go on, so my first impressions may be way off.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the Enterprise will once again be the only ship available, as it'll be the only ship left and of course, Kirk will get promoted to admiral....
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here's the poster...

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/03/star-trek-into-darkness-poster-revealed/

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dark Knight Rises, anyone?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh look....a cutout of the comm-badge on the poster. Why does this only make me think this will be worse than Nemesis?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume that's a building, but it kind of looks like the outer wall of a Borg cube. Having one crashed on earth would be novel, but a bit premature in this era.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing that it's someone, let's call him Mary Gitchell, escaping from some sort of building, lets say some sort of facility for cracking alkali metals, using (dah dun dun da dun) HIS SUPER MIND POWERS.

Oh, and he's nicked Morpheus's coat, and the planet seems to have stolen tower blocks from Shaghai, London and Middle Earth.

Anyway, it looks a bit Dark Knight-y, I agree, and tells you about as much. I'm setting my face to worried.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see the whole Batman thing in the poster.

In a some what unrelated note, that's how I feel about the Iron Man 3 trailer. The whole defeated hero thing. It's like the IM3 guys basically did their version of a The Dark Knight Rises trailer starring Tony Stark.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
I can see the whole Batman thing in the poster.

In a some what unrelated note, that's how I feel about the Iron Man 3 trailer. The whole defeated hero thing. It's like the IM3 guys basically did their version of a The Dark Knight Rises trailer starring Tony Stark.

Nonsense- Iron Man is the ultimate in "hero rebuilds his life after staggering fall from grace".
Hell, Tony was a drunk living on the street for like three years back in the 80's...lost the company and everything.
Rhodey became Iron Man.
Just a few years back he ended up destroying his own companies to prevent a terrorist from weaponizing the repulsor tech in them into massive bombs.

In the 90's he got shot and paralized by a psycho ex-girlfriend.
In the late 90's he made the Iron Man armor act as a means to walk again, but doing so gave him nerve damage...and he died.
Rhodey became Iron Man.

Then he was revived a year later wih the introduction of an artificial nervous system and had to go through a year or so of painful physical therapy- useing a Telepresense rig to be Iron Man remotely (it's in the IM3 trailer!).
Rhodey beame War Machine.

Then he got beaten neraly to death (in the armor!) and had to use the experimmental extremis Enhancile to save himself, becoming as much nanaotech machine as man.

Then he got made Secretary of Defense, only to have his reputation destroyed by the (insane) Scarlet Witch -making him drunk in front of the United Nations.

Then there was the whole Civil War, where he got to play facist thug, got made SHIELD's Director, had to blow off his own heel to stop the Mandarin from killing 95% of the human race....

Oh, and he deleted his own mind so the government cold not torture him and get all the heroes' secret identities from him....
Rhodey became Iron Man 2.0

Then he had his mind re-installed, but with none of the memories he had prior to Civil war and had to learn second hand why everyone hated his guts...

What's having your back broken compared to all that?

Bruce Wayne is a total pussy.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll just leave this here.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrekintodarkness/

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So: is that the Enterprise crashing into the San Francisco bay?
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I thought, since a previous part of the trailer showed it rising from an ocean. It certainly looks action packed...won't tempt me to view it at the cinema though. Last film I saw at the big screen was Episode II, wait for everything to be shown on TV now and if I like - DVD. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps