Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$ Star Trek Into Darkness Speculation Discussion - Spoilers, natch (Page 5)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: $$$ Star Trek Into Darkness Speculation Discussion - Spoilers, natch
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but rather than be a victim of of advertizing or marketing ploys, it's the chatter of hardcore trek fans that has got me interested- mainly to see how badly they cock it up, to be honest.
Not that paramount cares why I go to see their movie- ticket sales for crappy movies people watch are no different than sales to fans that loved the movie....but the inevitible merchandizing arm will suffer if the movie sucks: there was TONS of trek toys and such from the first JJ movie that gathered dust on shelves for over a year with no sales: it eventually got resold in bulk to secondary outlets like Big Lots,w here I saw the action figures from the first movie just this past month...and still no one was buying.

As to reasons to go- I like Cummerbunch as an actor- I liked the Sherlock series. Trek could certainly do with a well written (or at least well acted) villian.
Tom Hardy (who hs sone on to some great parts) gave it a great shot as Shinzon, but that movie's writing and plot....man, I have ot watched Nemesis since it first hit DVD (and I own it).
Still, Hardy's performane is the acting highlight of the movie.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Superbowl trailer.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it looks like it might be the big E after all...

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, so just a few more minor changes to the ol' timeline!

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go big or go home.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone been reading the tie in comic? Apparently, Rober April appears, claiming to be commander of the Enterprise. He also bears a resemblance to Peter Weller.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I have the first two graphic novel volumes, haven't been keeping up with it afterwards. Peter Weller as Robert April makes things interesting...

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found an appetizer.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

HA HA HA

Oh wow

--------------------

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, if a toycompany is to be believed, we will see a klingon bird-of-prey. Same ship as in trailer?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

When you think about it, there comes a point when the desire to sell merchandise trumps the desire to keep certain plot details secret.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, I knew it was a Bird of Prey in trailer, called it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Found an appetizer.

Okay, that was better than anything we'll see in this movie.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there were Birds of Prey before the splitting of the timeline, so hopefully the BoP will be getting the same kind of updated look the Enterprise got. I've seen the old BoP:s, I want more. And I thought the "proto"-klingon ships of ST:Ent were poorly executed.

If they can make the new one as sexy as these, I'm all in.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

But...we already got jumbo-inflated KBOPs in Yesterday's Enterprise.
Just like the Cloverprise, they made no sense, were 300% larger for no damn reason and remain an embarassment to the franchise...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps