Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Happy Birthday, DS9!

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, DS9!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twenty years ago tomorrow, January 3, 1993, Star Trek Deep Space Nine premiered. Happy birthday, DS9!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I feel....so old....
The best of Trek began right there, and ended eight years later.
I wonder if there will be some DS9 reunion convention or something?

Megacon in Orlando this year has the entire TNG cast...and if I had a pile of cash I'd go meet them all. Patrick stewart charges like a hundred bucks for an autograph....
Gates McFadden should actually give you money to take her signature.

Gotta look into the Trek cons this year...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been re-watching season 1, too. Hmm. Maybe I should watch Emissary again tonight, just because.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the great cgi battles and ship designs.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ex Isle forums are holding a community rewatch of the whole series.
http://www.exisle.net/mb/index.php?/forum/105-ds9-20th-anniversary-rewatch/

Come join!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must confess, I dug out the DVDs and watched "Emissary" on Thursday too. I did have a slight connundrum though, as I first saw it on BBC2 when they finally got round to airing it sometime in either 1994 or even 1995, I can't remember when exactly. It was first on TV in the UK on Sky1 sometime in October '93, but we didn't have satellite back then, just the four regular free channels. Ah, the nostalgia!

Anyway, as I say, I gave up trying to work out my DS9 anniversary and just watched it on the third. I was really bowled over by just how good it was - almost certainly the strongest of the pilots. I may have to go though the lot again... Oh dear, I only did that a couple of years ago when I finally got round to buying the box sets.

Next up... "Past Prologue". Oh well, rough with the smooth.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm ankle deep in season 2 now. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.