Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New Star Trek series announced! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: New Star Trek series announced!
137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Isn't it $6/month?

I thought it was $6-7 per episode (week). I'll check the TrekToday news archive.

Edit: My mistake, you're exactly right. [Smile]

According to this article, it is, yes, $5.99 per month.

And according to this article, it's $9.99 per month for ad-free streaming.

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was $6-7 per episode (week). I'll check the TrekToday news archive.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's $6 per minute. And the whole thing is clips of explosions from old episodes, lens flares and at the end, it was all a holodeck simulation anyway.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

Sounds like the Enterprise finale.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Info, info, info! The rundown as follows:

• Setting: 2256!
• Female lead who is NOT the captain!
• Gay character!
• Robots will be seen!
• More aliens!
• Possible Amanda Grayson cameo?
• "Depicting an event in Starfleet history that has never been explored"!
• NOT subject to broadcast standards & practices!

All gathered from http://weirdtrek.tumblr.com/post/148764714296/star-trek-discovery-bryan-fuller-confirms

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just gets better and better!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the idea of a series not centered on the captain. It'll make for some interesting storytelling.

I just went through the Memory Alpha chronology to try to find an event that might fit the mentioned-but-unexplored criteria. That'll be an interesting puzzle. It's not Axanar, not the Kobayashi Maru, and definitely not the Romulan War. Hmm...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the only other event I can think of that's been mentioned going on in the 2250s is the conflict with the Sheliak - with the Treaty of Armens & last contact between the Fed & Sheliak being in 2255.
That and, of course, "The Cage". [Razz]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there ever a canon date for the Battle of Axanar? If not, then this could be what the show is about, and would explain all the lawsuit stuff w/ Alec Peters.

Methinks CBS might have greenlit a show about Axanar because Peters was making one and profiting off of it. If that's the case, then we ironically have Peters to thank for a new official Star Trek series.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except he specifically disavowed that it was about Axanar.

Also, Zipacna, the Sheliak were never mentioned during TOS.

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Also, Zipacna, the Sheliak were never mentioned during TOS.

True, but who said that the TOS reference is the only reference? [Wink] In a universe as rich as this, any number of things can be worked in without breaking continuity.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Except he specifically disavowed that it was about Axanar.

Oh, didn't know he said that.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting info. Given the timeframe, I wonder if we'll be seeing the uniforms from "The Cage", or those from TOS.

Can't wait until we get more info about the cast and characters.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Shik
Member # 343

Yeah, from here: http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/08/11/star-trek-discovery-will-have-a-female-lead-is-set-10-years-before-kirk-took-command-of-enterprise

"Fuller shot down the following theories, saying the show is not set around Axanar, Kobayashi Maru, or Section 31. But he did note the Federation event he's referring to is referenced in the original series."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing the breakdown of relations between the Klingons and the Federation.
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps