Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Discovery.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » DSC 1x11 “The Wolf Inside” (SPOILERS!)

Author Topic: DSC 1x11 “The Wolf Inside” (SPOILERS!)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, to get the two big points out of the way:

The show finally flat out tells us what was already super obvious: Tyler is Voq. However, what I was actually shocked by is the revelation that Shazad Latif has been playing Voq the whole time under a pseudonym. Props to the man; I truly thought it was two different actors.

And yup, Emperor Georgiou. I still call hacks with her being called “emperor” rather than “empress”, though. I’m wondering now if Georgiou is Hoshi Sato’s granddaughter or something. Or, given that this is the Mirror Universe, if Georgiou didn’t just murderstab Hoshi or one of her successors. Also, the Emperor has the best outfit ever. I’m still playing STO, so if you’re listening Cryptic, I will shell out money for that outfit! *Insert Futurama “shut up and take my money” meme*

Other points:

Plenty of Burnham fanservice here.

Looks like Stamets will be having a cross-dimensional telepathic conversation with Mirror Stamets. Hopefully we’ll find out what the real ISS Discovery has been up to in the Prime universe, which nobody seems to be at all concerned about.

Heh, Mirror Sarek has the obligatory goatee. Kinda wonder how Mirror Sarek is a rebel while Mirror Spock is an officer on a Terran ship, though, especially when Mirror Sarek gets blowed up good by the Emperor.

Cool makeup on the Andorian and Tellarite. The show seems to be making a point of having the alien species look more alien, but they’re still recognizable as being Andorian and Tellarite. Still no sign of a Cardassian, which would be a nice call-forward.

No further info on the Defiant. The Emperor is apparantly aboard her flagship, but we neither see it or hear its name, so it may not be the Defiant.

All in all, a good continuation from the previous episode. I hope they get out of the Mirror Universe before it wears out its welcome, though.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all for more Michelle Yeoh, to be sure. Also, more of Tilly in the mirror uniform.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reckon the Defiant *will* be the Emperor's flagship. Seems a bit daft to depict as having been refitted by the Empire, when in Enterprise its main value was as a source of far-advanced tech, and then never go any further with that. Otherwise they could just have shown a standard Constitution-class wireframe, and assumed that the ships was torn apart to gift the Empire a strategic windfall.

It was always obvious that was Shazad Latif as Voq. The fact that "Iqbal" is his actual surname - it turns out Javid Iqbal is the name of his kate father, which is a lovely gesture - and that the actor Javid Iqbal just plain didn't exist was a dead giveaway.

Loved the Andorian design. It was spot-on. The Tellarite also, I never really felt like there'd been a crdible version of it up to now.

I hope next week is it for the Mirror Universe. Three eps feels about right.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Voq, can you hear me? It's Clem Fandango.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't the next episode preview show the flagship a bit?

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, that was space station "Las Vegas".

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
No, that was space station "Las Vegas".

Ah, gotcha. Yeah then who knows? The Defiant would be a 100+ year old space frame by that time, but I could see them bringing her back for the audience's sake.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.