Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New Picard TV show (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Picard TV show
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
I hope this is the start of the end of all reboot Trek of all typea.

This is basically tantamount to saying you're hoping for the end of all Trek, full stop.

(Note that TMP, TWOK, and TNG were all "reboot" Trek of one type or another.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know what? I think I am, yeah. I liked that period where there was nothing new. Pre-TNG, we got one movie every few years & fandom came up with some real creative stuff. Now it just keeps plugging away ad infinitium with a loss of luster, & even things like novels & shit just want to tie everything together & make nice neat packages. I'm tired of it. Let it all rest for a decade or two.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair enough. That's pretty much exactly how I felt a decade or two ago.

But with the advent of DSC, I've been more excited about new Trek than at any time since the tail end of DS9. I love it.

I thought Beyond was also pretty good. Like The Last Jedi, it even managed to make me like Abrams' efforts a bit more! (Still not really my speed, though.)

Sorry you don't feel the same, and hope you and everyone else here have been well in so-called "real life"!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps