Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » No new Star Trek bluray releases in Germany?

Author Topic: No new Star Trek bluray releases in Germany?
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if anyone noticed, but with the upcoming release of Star Trek Picard on bluray next week we have now the second BD release in a row that is not available here in good old Germany.

As far as I know, Short Treks has not been released here and there is currently no date announced for Picard either. Did anybody know why CBS has stopped releasing those discs? Up until S2 of Discovery, each and every Star Trek disc was available in Germany more or less at the same time it was released in the US market.

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, somehow I already suspected that the response would be rather low...

If nobody is interessed in Star Trek on bluray in Germany any more - or at least with an European region code - CBS is doing right not to release it in this market.

I believe this is a forecast of what will happen sooner or later with all content in all areas - media will only by available via internet.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry ohtwoeychops, I guess the overlap in the Venn diagram of Flareites, people from/in Germany, and those looking to buy new Trek in yet another physical format, is quite low...

I personally don’t know anyone anywhere who’s saying “I simply must own the debut season of PIC on Blu-Ray so I can watch it over and over again!!”

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

o2
Member # 907

And there we have the real issue: STP is not as good as it should be... AfaIk, there is no relaese in UK or any other EU country either.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PIC is available here in DVD but not BR. Short Treks looks to be available in both. 🤷‍♂️

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard was released on blu ray in the US, and I mean, I'm tempted, but also I'm paying $10 a month for CBS All Access so I can already watch it whenever I want, so....

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

o2
Member # 907

According to Amazon, that Picard DVD is Region 1 encoded. I belive it is only an US import, but will not play on normal Region 2 dvd players.

ST Picard is available in Germany via Amazon Prime, but I prefer the better picture quality on bluray over the stream. Second, I like to view the bonus content.

Lee
Member # 393

Fuck it, just pirate it. CBS have consistently demonstrated they literally could not give a shit about the international audience. If they could wave a magic wand and go back to the happy days when there was nothing but the domestic market obediently swallowing countless interchangeable TV shows all with annual seasons of two-dozen standalone episodes, they would do it in a shot. No cable TV. No streaming. No gays, and minimal non-white characters. Their TRUE idea of the golden age of television.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

Just received my copy last night, and I can confirm that the Bluray is working in region 2 (Europe). Audio und subtitles are English only, but I'm very pleased with the picture quality.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps