Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Trek 2022 schedule

Author Topic: Trek 2022 schedule
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is taken verbatim from a Tumblr post.

Paramount+ Sets STAR TREK Spring Slate: PICARD and STRANGE NEW WORLDS Dates, Plus DISCO, SNW, and LOWER DECKS Renewals

Barring any more unexpected scheduling changes, Paramount+ today has set up a springtime slate of Star Trek episodes that will keep the fanbase moving at Warp 9 all the way though the first half of 2022 — hope you’ve got your inertial dampers cranked to max!

As you already know, Star Trek: Prodigy is wrapping up the last three episodes of its winter run this month, with another 10 episodes of Prodigy to arrive later in 2022 — but this is just the start of a 25-week, 29-episode run of non-stop Trek that will stretch into July.

Following a few more weeks on hiatus, Star Trek: Discovery will be back with six more episodes starting February 10, bringing Season 4 to a close on Thursday, March 17.

Paramount+ has officially confirmed that Discovery will return for Season 5, a long-awaited (yet utterly-expected) announcement that will see Captain Burnham and crew back for more adventures — likely in 2023, however no formal Season 5 date has been announced today.

We have, however, confirmed that Season 5 will be 10 episodes, bringing the series in line with the other Star Trek shows currently in production. (The 13-15 episode range of Seasons 1-4 was likely a Netflix requirement, as Season 5 will be the first planned for Paramount+ specifically.)

Originally planned for a February debut, the Season 2 premiere of Star Trek: Picard will arrive on Thursday, March 3 for a ten-episode run that will overlap the final three weeks of Star Trek: Discovery Season 4.

As has already been made public, Picard Season 3 is already in production and likely will debut in 2023.

The much-anticipated arrival of Captain Pike, Number One, and Lieutenant Spock — and the crew of the USS Enterprise — is now just over three months away, as Star Trek: Strange New Worlds will debut Thursday, May 5 for a 10-episode run on Paramount+. The premiere date coincides with the Star Trek: Picard season finale.

As expected, Strange New Worlds has been officially renewed for a second season and will likely debut in 2023. (Savvy fans may have already seen hints about the show gearing up for production on Season 2 around the web.)

After all of the new live-action Star Trek episodes have finally beamed down, we’re back to animation as Star Trek: Lower Decks will return for Season 3 later this summer (as previously announced; we expect early August based on past years) — but the crew of the USS Cerritos will continue their journey into 2023, as Lower Decks will officially return for a fourth season.

Are you exhausted as we are yet?! Because while this massive expansion of 2022’s schedule is great news, answering a lot of questions that many of you have been asking about the upcoming shows — the one question that is still on everyone’s mind has yet to be addressed…

When will our friends around the world get to see these shows? Star Trek: Picard is expected to remain a Prime Video exclusive outside of the US/Canada as with Season 1, so no change is forthcoming, but the lack of Paramount+ availability around the world in most global regions means that finding a way to watch Star Trek: Prodigy and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds — and for many, Discovery as well, after the Netflix debacle in November — is a mystery that needs solved quickly.

No news has been made today regarding Paramount+ expanding into other international territories, but ViacomCBS does have a large investor presentation planned for February 15 — so it’s possibly more on that situation may be addressed as part of that corporate event.

Today’s news is accompanied by a statement from Star Trek franchise boss Alex Kurtzman, praising this newly-expanded slate of Star Trek programming.

quote:

“Four years ago, we made a promise to grow ‘Star Trek’ into something it had never been before, and thanks to the incredibly hard work done by our many talented showrunners, writers, and directors, along with the extraordinary support of CBS Studios and Paramount+, we’re keeping our word,” said Alex Kurtzman, architect and executive producer, “Star Trek” franchise.

“Now our current shows are set up for the future as we work to build ‘Trek’s’ next phase of programming for years to come.”

For those of you in the US and Canada, at least, here’s what your next six months looks like:

JANUARY 20: Prodigy 108
JANUARY 27: Prodigy 109

FEBRUARY 3: Prodigy 110
FEBURARY 10: Discovery 408
FEBRUARY 17: Discovery 409
FEBRUARY 24: Discovery 410

MARCH 3: Discovery 411 — Picard 201
MARCH 10: Discovery 412 — Picard 202
MARCH 17: Discovery 413 — Picard 203
MARCH 24: Picard 204
MARCH 31: Picard 205

APRIL 7: Picard 206
APRIL 14: Picard 207
APRIL 21: Picard 208
APRIL 28: Picard 209

MAY 5: Picard 210 — Strange New Worlds 101
MAY 12: Strange New Worlds 102
MAY 19: Strange New Worlds 103
MAY 26: Strange New Worlds 104

JUNE 2: Strange New Worlds 105
JUNE 9: Strange New Worlds 106
JUNE 16: Strange New Worlds 107
JUNE 23: Strange New Worlds 108
JUNE 30: Strange New Worlds 109

JULY 7: Strange New Worlds 110

LATER IN 2022: Lower Decks Season 3 — 10 episodes

LATER IN 2022: Prodigy Season 1.5 — 10 episodes

EXPECTED IN 2023: Picard Season 3 — 10 episodes

EXPECTED IN 2023: Strange New Worlds Season 2 — 10 episodes

EXPECTED IN 2023: Discovery Season 5 — 10 episodes

EXPECTED IN 2023: Lower Decks Season 4 — 10 episodes

EXPECTED IN 2023: Prodigy Season 2 — Episode Count TBD

This “10-episode sesson” shit is fucking BULLSHIT. Removing all the filler eps that grew characters & expanded worldbuilding is part of what makes these shows falter. I can tell you a shitload about Garak or Uhura or Crusher or Rom or Chakotay or Hoshi. I can’t really tell you shit about Rios or Owosekun or Tendi or Culber or others in the Discoverse. Like, I know some things, but these characters are poorly fleshed out.

Go back to 22-24 episode seasons. Shit, give me 20-episode seasons. Something more than fucking AusterityTrek.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TL;DR: Section 31 show? What Section 31 show?

[Razz]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only looking forward to Lower Decks. It's the only show that really cares about Star Trek's legacy and continuity. Though Picard in the alt universe setting might be entertaining as well.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 2002, if someone had told me "In twenty years, there are going to be five Trek series running concurrently, and you're not going to be interested in watching a single one of them", I'd have thought that idea was crazy. Oh well.
Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is all great news, but as two of these (Prodigy and Strange New Worlds) will be going directly onto Paramount Plus I suspect that the theme music for these will be "Yo Ho Ho, It's a Pirate's Life for Me" for quite a few viewers until the service finally launches over here in the UK & Europe. [Wink]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean, I torrent everything, so...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps