Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Picard s3 News [$$$] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Picard s3 News [$$$]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://blog.trekcore.com/2022/06/terry-matalas-star-trek-picard-inglorious-treksperts-interview/

quote:
“There are some people from ‘Star Trek’ who come back in this season who aren’t the ‘Next Gen’ [primary] cast. I mean there’s one character who is in ‘Next Gen’ who I was like… I really want THIS character to come back.
And when they did [agree to return], that was weirdly more thrilling than everything else in totality.”

So who could it be? How many truly memorable (and “more thrilling”) guest actors were there who’d have to be of sufficient stature or in demand to make it touch and go they’d say yes?

Obvious ones (not a comprehensive list)

Kurn - Tony Todd (obviously subsequent DS9 complications here)
Ro - Michelle Forbes
Robin Lefler - Ashley Judd

I’m sure there are others. I guess I’m trying to differentiate between these ones whose participation wouldn’t be a given, and people who’d say yes in a heartbeat whether because they’re ardent ambassadors for the show (Denise Crosby for example) or because they’re just working (or not) actors who’d be pleased to get a paying gig (OK, now I was going to suggest Shannon Fill as Sito Jaxa, but in fact she’s not an actor anymore but a social worker, which I guess is another category of person who’d have to “agree to return” - to actual acting) like… Elizabeth Dennehy as Shelby.

Though the involvement of Lefler or Shelby or Selar (which category would Suzie Plakson fall into?) would probably be done in a way that would negate any possibility that New Frontiers could be canon. Or would it? Peter David is I think well-regarded by Trek luminaries so they might avoid doing so.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still thinking about it. I suppose O’Brien wouldn’t be impossible…

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, except from the interview:

quote:
We don’t get to Miles O’Brien. I’d love to get to Miles O’Brien! There are people though — I could say one name to you right now that comes back, and [you’d be] like, ‘Oh my god, I want to know what happens!’
Vash?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure it'll be just as much an anti-climactic disappointment as everything else.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lower Decks already „killed“ New Frontier.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of - do we have a start date for Lower Decks S3? I'm hoping it picks up right when SNW wraps S1!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I'd love Lower Decks Season 3 to be right around the corner, I think the second half of Prodigy Season 1 is probably next.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
Member # 393

- Prodigy returned on Jan. 6, ending on Feb. 3
- Discovery’s 4th season returned on Feb. 10 and ended March 17.
- Picard’s 2nd season started on March 3 and ended May 5
- Strange New Worlds debuted on May 5, ends July 7.
- Lower Decks 3rd season debuts later in the year, after Strange New Worlds (no date, possibly “in Summer”)
- Prodigy’s second-half of season one will be on “later” in 2022.
- Prodigy’s second season may still air at the end of 2022.

Some have suggested PIC s3 might be later this year as it’s already been filmed, as a surprise. Can’t see it happening. But after how much has been crammed into the first two-thirds of the year, it seems odd they’re content to just see out the rest of the year with Prodigy in dribs and drabs.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

According to PlaymatesStarTrekToys.com, Prodigy returns in 17 days.

Seriously, ticket at the top of the screen and all: https://www.playmatesstartrektoys.com/

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'd wager the upcoming Trek schedule is:

Five episodes of Prodigy

S3 of Lower Decks

Five more episodes of Prodigy

Picard S3

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

Considering how much fanfare they made about Prodigy, they’re treating it really weirdly. From the start intended to be on Nickelodeon, they change their minds at the last minute and put it on P+ instead. Did it even air on Nick at all, eventually? And then release a few, then stop a while, then a few more, then stop for ages… If they want it to be a hit kids’ show, this is not the way to retain the little bastards’ attention!

Maybe Nickelodeon took one look and said, the fuck is this? The kids don’t know or care who Janeway or Chakotay are!

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prodigy is definitely too cerebral for kids. The whole idea of the time travel aspect is hard enough for adults to follow, much less kids.

With that said, Prodigy is probably the best new Trek show of the lot. It's certainly the most original.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Prodigy is definitely too cerebral for kids. The whole idea of the time travel aspect is hard enough for adults to follow, much less kids.

I'd disagree that the time travel aspect is a problem for kids, as they cope perfectly fine with Doctor Who...where time travel is the entire premise, and (especially during the Moffat era) can be convoluted at times. Prodigy, though, is not what you'd expect from a kids show. I'm only five episodes in as I waited until Paramount+ launched here in the UK to watch it, but my personal feeling is that it's too much for kids but at the same time some of the characters are too grating for adults (Dal could do with a good smack, and I'm seriously concerned about Jankom Pog's mental health given he's always referring to himself in the third person). If they toned down the more annoying charcaters, though, it has the potential to be the best of the new Trek shows.
Lee
Member # 393

You’re in the U.K., Z? Don’t think I ever knew that. Or more likely did but forgot. #SeniorMoment

I just found Prodigy very hard to get through. Dal especially grated. His arrogance and unwillingness to do anything sensible - like head for the Federation - really got on my nerves. Maybe because I know he’s wrong, but of course the character - and presumably the intended audience, though as discussed above nobody is really sure who that is anymore - don’t know that. Maybe that’s exactly what kids want in a anti-establishment (i.e. grown ups, like me) type of character.

So, after the first few I stopped watching. And just read synopses after each one “dropped” (as ver kids say). And God only knows what kids make of all this. Janeway’s a hologram… but she’s also a real person (who’s like, totally old), who’s on a ship (that got mom and dad real excited when they saw it), and she’s looking for the gang’s ship - that’s only been missing for a few months even though it had been there for years when they found it - because she knows the Captain of the ship even though he’s obviously not on board…

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Janeway’s a hologram… but she’s also a real person (who’s like, totally old), who’s on a ship (that got mom and dad real excited when they saw it), and she’s looking for the gang’s ship - that’s only been missing for a few months even though it had been there for years when they found it - because she knows the Captain of the ship even though he’s obviously not on board…

That's kinda what I meant about the time travel aspect. When the show first started, I assumed that it took place in the far, far future in the DQ, and that the ship had been buried for centuries. Then all of a sudden it turns out that the ship was only missing for a few months relative-time, but a few years Protostar-time. It's a bit confusing. It's almost like someone decided to change the premise of the show halfway through.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps