Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Romulan War (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Romulan War
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we shouldn't base member status on posts, but on words, based on what's in here and other places.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the idea that the Vulcans lost track of the Romulans: Perhaps something happened that caused the Vulcans to think that the dissenters were lost shortly after leaving. Therefore, when Spock heard some people claiming to have been Vulcans at one time, he didn't immediately associate it w/ the stories he had heard of these supposedly dead dissenters...

------------------
"Look into any eyes you find by you; you can see clear to another day..."
-The Grateful Dead, "Box of Rain"

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to refer to Voyager, but in the (admittedly good) "Deathwish", did or did not Q mention to Mr. Janeway that it was Quinn that caused a 100-year war between the Vulcans and the Romulans, during one of his drunken escapades/healthfood binges/suicide attempts/attempts at a sitcom?

Now I'm not 100% certain about this, but it seems to me that the Vulcans and the Romulans would be doing things a bit too well in order to have a war which nearly wasted Vulcan (as Spock once said), and then to go on to have another altercation, this one lasting about a century.

It's my guess that this 100-year "good family feud" and Spock's war are one and the same. BUT that leaves the question:what role did Quinn play in all of this?

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How silly of us to imprint upon the vulcan and romulans our concept of warfare.

Take chess. It is a war of sorts where the opponents use strategy and the forethought to see the outcome of possible moves. A game of chess takes a lot longer than a wrestling match.

------------------
The Leader in Offensive Ideology.
De-Value Life Today!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps