Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Insurrection leading lady was on Ally Mcbeal??

Author Topic: Insurrection leading lady was on Ally Mcbeal??
monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't usually watch Ally but she was on??
Was that her?

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Saintly
Ex-Member

I did recognize the woman but at present I can't remember the part she played on Ally. Which episode and what was her case?
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna Murphy (Anij) played Marie Hanson in "The Inmates". She also played Marie Hanson in "The Axe murders" on The Practice.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Yes, it was in the crossover episode of the practice and ally

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was indeed the crossover episode between the two, but I shall reveal the truth behind the madness behind a crossover of two legal shows.
In actual fact, it wasn't Ally (and whoever) that appeared on The Practice, and vice versa.Instead, a certain Dr. Zimmerman arrived in the law firm offices, bringing the news that Ally has been chosen as the template for a new variant on the EMH:the ECH (Eternally Confused Hologram).A hologram of this type would be most useful where compos mentis would not be at at a premium e.g. relay stations(tele-services),long-range survey missions(to Reality),cookery shows;in short,whenever the mission does not require a full-time intelligence.
'The Practice' was merely the testing-ground (a la the USS Prometheus), but was prematurely activated by the presence of Ainj and the Baku eternal-youth thingy,who had accidentally travelled back in time,made a life for herself,sought therapy(as all Americano-Baku do at least once in their lives) and whose innocence was abused by her psychiatrist.
The day was saved only with the intervention of the Extremely Dour Hologram, a tried and tested older program that was not very popular due to it's woeful trial-side manner. However, the EDH's had the more experience in handling tricky situations(low ratings,time travel,the Borg) helping our heroes to prevail. The fact that *we* saw two differing aspects of the proceedings is beyond my imagination at the moment,probably something to do with Talosians,mirror-universes and/or network bigwigs.

This has been my first post ever in my young,self-centred life--beware...
(can't you just tell I made this up as I went along!)

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see. . . so we can expect Cage to be arrested any day now by Dulmer and Lucsly for alleged temporal violations caused by his 'moments?' 8)

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't even go in to how easily it was for that changeling to impersonate The Biscuit's frog--
how could I tell, I hear you ask?

Simple.
It was the only form of sentient life on screen.
(see how it hid from the public by diving down the lav when it flushed-desperate times,desperate measures.)

Also, Yin has got to be a Vulcan deep-cover operative, sent in to Earth to investigate the planet for signs of a warp-capable civilization. Unfortunately, she arrived in the US, so she struck out on both counts(no warp, no civilization). By the time she has taken up getting a life, she has already "gone native", and starts suing all around her.

No-one was as suprised as her when a pig farmer she once saw at an audition invented Earth's first warp-drive.
Enough to strike fear into the heart of the steeliest Earth-vet.

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elaine the secretary. Changeling. Gotta be. She looks like she knows something the others don't. And that trick of making her head swell up when talking to Ally and no-one else's watching, definitely evidence of shapeshifting ability.

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm completely confused by Gaseous Anomaly. Was that supposed to be real plot on TV outside of Trek or did you just make that up?

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

[This message was edited by Tora Ziyal on April 20, 1999.]

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

If you would be good enough to read the last line of my tirade (bracketed,before the signature), I think the truth will out.

Either that or you're pulling my nacelle.

To be honest I doubt any corporate suit would see the merit of revealing that the main charactrs are holograms after about a year or two into a series. I believe that kind of thing is done by the Outer Limits (ad nauseum) in quite a lot of episodes.

Although if you are genuinely confused, I think that stands as testimony to my writing abilities, imagination and sheer literary brilliance.

Hello? Where's everybody gone?
Helloooo......? (I've done it now.)

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps