Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » BIG NEWS!

Author Topic: BIG NEWS!
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SFCR has not had any posts for four days. The last one was made by a new member, Odyseey, who must not know what has happened. Should we bring him home?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I don't know if that's a good idea. It boils down to stealing members from the SFCR. Might make the bad blood between us and them more bitter.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odyessy has a right to know what's happened. If he wanted to be in the large forum with us, we should let him know where we all are.
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be more polite to discreetly notify him where everyone went via email, rather than posting in the SFCR Forums. Then it would be stealing, or at the very least, rather rude.

------------------
The hyperhamster is alive and well.

[This message was edited by Baloo on March 15, 1999.]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it the same Odyssey that has been around the Forums for a while, or not?

------------------
"Look into any eyes you find by you; you can see clear to another day..."
-The Grateful Dead, "Box of Rain"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think discretely notifying him by email would be okay. I guess it's right to at least tell him what happened.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of looking at it as "stealing" members but giving users on the internet another message board option. What is to prevent that person or anyone not to post on more than one board? I post on various sports message boards all over the place using different programs. Why should Trek not be any different. Yes some boards are more dead than others but I think of it as Supply and Demand.

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonly path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can anyone NOT know what happened over there...?

------------------
The morbid dog known as shaun lyle...

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He probably came over from a link in TREKNEWS or TREKHOSTING. He's obviously never heard of the SFCR until this point, and never knew anything of the coup d'etat. And he's obviously never heard of the Behaviour Group.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This wouldn't be the Irish Odyssey of previous forums would it?

------------------
"...And Monty fans may like to know about these special books, available from all good bookshops..."

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys - Don't post anything @ SFCR. I think that's fairly obivious *L*.

If you wish to inform him of the situation as a friend, that is up to you. =)

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps