Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Help! Ah need somebody! Help!

Author Topic: Help! Ah need somebody! Help!
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've been smouldering away about this for a few days now. I thought the first time was an accident, a random convergence of events.

I was wrong. It's happened again. Twice.

Over on the Forum Contest board, I keep getting "smilies" (that's the correct term, I think) to appear. Fine, Anomaly, what's your problem?

It is this: I DON'T HAVE A BULL'S CLUE HOW TO BRING UP A SMILEY!! WHY DO THEY KEEP APPEARING LIKE Q ON VOYAGER?! (i.e. unwelcome)

Sorry about the rant, but I'm going cracked oner this.
Any And All Assistance Appreciated. Greatly.

(WAHOO! My first New thread!)

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
: ) gets
; ) gets

; ( gets ;(

: ( gets

this works as long as you don't put a space between them, there are others that I've never looked into.
------------------
WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE

[This message was edited by The Excalibur on May 26, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This should probably go in a FAQ somewhere.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*thought there was a FAQ*

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks very much, Excalibur. You've helped alleviate my frustration no end.

Sorry, Sol. I didn't realise there was a FAQ board.

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's : D which gets this
There's : o which gets this

Those work too if you don't put a space between the colon and the letter. People do this occasionally 8). although this doesn't bring up a smiley, but it looks good.

------------------
Blackadder: I'm King *drops dead*

[This message was edited by Orion Syndicate on May 27, 1999.]

[This message was edited by Orion Syndicate on May 27, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GA: There isn't. That's what I'm saying.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The FAQ/Help IS on it's way. ETA...well you'll just have to wait.

------------------
"I have only one purpose, the destruction of Hitler.....If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourbale reference to the devil in the House of Commons".

-Winston Churchill

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

Oops.
*Condenses with embarassment over FAQ thingy*

Thanks Orion Syndicate. May Farious' Klingon Ambassador have succumbed to your diabolical plans.

------------------

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

: and ( should give a sad smiley (saddey?) like the blue ones at the TNO fms.

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First One gets royalties if you use 8). He was the err, uum, first one to use it.

------------------
WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine loves to do this. 8^)

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps