Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Klingons

Author Topic: Klingons
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, since I've only been a member here for a short time I don't know if this topic has been brought up.

Regarding the Klingons appearance. I believe it's the product of genetic engineering. The Klingons pride themselves on being great warriors, and if an operation could make them better at that, I'm sure they'd take it. Now Klingon scientist could of been researching the idea during and before the time of TOS (though I've never actually seen a Klingon scientist, I'm certain they must have some). So by the time of Star Trek:TMP many Klingons may of gotten the genetic operation, and possiblibly even some had it during TOS only since they weren't shown very much doesn't mean it's totally impossible that some Klingons would have the bumpy foreheads. So anyways, as time passed on throughout the TOS movie era more and more Klingons got the operation, and because it changed the DNA code of male and females it would be passed on and inherited by their offspring and he or she wouldn't need to the operation. This would therefore make it no longer neccessary because every Klingon would now naturally look as they do now. My explanation also can agree with how Kor, Kolath, and Kang had the current look in DS9, because they too got the operation. Arne Darven, the Klingon spy from "The Trouble with Tribbles" and "Trials and Tribble-ations" was shunned from Klingon society and kept his human appearance feeling too ashamed to go back to his natural Klingon look. Now if they taken away his human disguise, I think it would reveal the original Klingon look since he never received the genetic treatment.

Well there's my explanation...and a very long one too.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

[This message was edited by Hobbes on May 31, 1999.]

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valid, if we accept that Worf's statue of Kahless and his brother is a "modified" version of how Kahless looked, like historical revision.

Likewise, the genetically-recreated Kahless would have had to undergo some "re-writing" to bring his appreance in line with current standards.

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im pretty sure it's just a result of better makeup artists.

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps