Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next season speculation (Equinox $) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Next season speculation (Equinox $)
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a completely off-the-wall idea I had while talking to Frank:

Say that Janeway gets killed and Voyager destroyed! The crew have to use the Equinox, with either Chakotay as Captain or the John Savage character. . . who despite being a complete bastard might be preferred by the Starfleet crewmembers over a Maquis. If not Captain, then he's in the Brig and has to keep getting freed to help out.

Never happen, but if they ARE going to bring DS9 writers in, it's the sort of turn-it-on-its-head thing they'd do, as well as bringing some internal conflict back into the show. . .

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't want them to kill Janeway. Ever.

But I like the premise. Perhaps Captain Ransom could force Janeway to step down or something. She'd still be there, but powerless? That way, it probably satisfies most people (those who want her out of the way, dead, or tortured) and those who want her alive and kickin'.

And it's only one DS9 writer anyway... Ron Moore.

------------------
Garak: "I do apologize. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I'd... grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." (DS9: "Our Man Bashir")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's something to this idea. I'm not sure if I'd take it in exactly that direction, but I like it...

------------------
"Don't call me at work again. Oh no, the boss still hates me. I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore, and there's a restaurant we should check out where the other nightmare people like to go...I mean nice people, baby wait, I didn't mean to say nightmare."
--
They Might Be Giants

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understood that Rene Encowhateverthatnameis was comming over also.

They may kill off Janeway if Ms Mugrew wont sign a new contract.

------------------
WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Echeverria

And I like the premise, but Janeway is a more tough captain and although she is VERY annoying at times, she would be better than Ransom or Chakotay.

Anyway, what happened to those rumours that janeway would be leaving? Were they just that, rumours?

------------------
Blackadder: I'm King *drops dead*

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Voyager is destroyed, then they'd have to name the new series Star Trek- Equinox.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that a ship that had difficulty in defeating the Kazon is just useless junk - they did defeat Species 8472 with it, but that was mostly the nanoprobe torpedoes, so the ship is still useless.

------------------

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the new Star Trek The Magazine there was an interview with Ms Mulgrew. In it she made no reference to wanting to leave Voyager. She said that she really enjoys working on it.

------------------
If you need it I can build it. Just as long as there is a box of junk for me to use.

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She made her original tatement then backed down the next day. I like Kate Mugrew, but Janeway has made some ridiclous decisions, like risking her ship to save Seca's/Chacotay's son who turned out to be Culla's anyway, and losing her ship. I'am interested in seeing this weekends Voyager, and seeing the Equinox

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be too rough on the beloved Cap'n Kate, Excalibur. That decision wasn't hers but Michael Piller's.

Chakotay works best as a foil against her. In fact, the series would fall apart without her, IMHO. Pay Mulgrew more, or give her Tuesdays off or whatever. It only needs to be one extra yer on her contract.

Sheesh, they spend so long fixing Voyager, and whe it finally works well, they flirt with replacing the lead! No way to run a railroad....

------------------
"Now then, I believe Random Pavarotti disease is a psychological ailment and we should find it in the otherworldliness of Vince's brain."
"Ohw, rubbish. I reckon Random Pavarotti disease is a physical condition......
Let's go and look at 'is bum!"

-Rex the Runt

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure it's only Moore... Perhaps I'm mistaken...

Yes, I agree with Monty. She practically holds the series together!

------------------
Garak: "I do apologize. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I'd... grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." (DS9: "Our Man Bashir")

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you're right, Ron Moore is the only new writer on the show. Rene Echevarria was heavily rumored to be joining the staff, but it wasn't true.

Mulgrew is just jockeying for more money with all these statements. Watch Paramount offer her a big fat pay increase for year 7. If she accepts, you'll never hear her complain again.

------------------
"Since you put me down
It seems
I've been very gloomy
You may laugh
But pretty girls look right through me" -In The Darkest Place

IP: Logged
The Excalibur
Member # 34

I had also read somewhere, that Voyager had to be off it's sets before the contracts ran out, and that if there was a season seven, it would be shot early.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, the series would improve greatly without Captain Matriarch...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I would have to agree with you Frank.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps