Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Warhead" Question, $poiler

Author Topic: "Warhead" Question, $poiler
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paris says that there are 32 vessels coming out of warp off the port bow...

Then we see them on screen approaching from the starboard side aft.

Tom, port is on the left, and the bow is the front part. Okay?

And I laughed out loud when I saw the warhead being !carried! by two crewmen from Engineering to Sickbay. It's the 24th Century and we still have humans moving dangerous objects around by hand.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Response Question: If they drop out of warp to port, why can they not move over to starboard?

They said they didn't want to risk "upsetting it" so perhaps they thought it wasn't logical to use any technology near it...

------------------
Garak: "I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences." (DS9: "Cardassians")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Paris had his display upside down?

This was a pretty good episode, though.

------------------
"Don't call me at work again. Oh no, the boss still hates me. I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore, and there's a restaurant we should check out where the other nightmare people like to go...I mean nice people, baby wait, I didn't mean to say nightmare."
--
They Might Be Giants

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I miss something in this ep.? Are we to understand that the other bombs have been hanging about cooling their metaphorical heels for 3 years while waiting for their buddy to show up?

------------------
"'I'm afraid there's nowhere for you to sit,' I said coldly; 'the verandah is full of goats.'" --Saki "The Guests"

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The war ended three years before. These missles were launched by accident some time after that.

------------------
"Don't call me at work again. Oh no, the boss still hates me. I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore, and there's a restaurant we should check out where the other nightmare people like to go...I mean nice people, baby wait, I didn't mean to say nightmare."
--
They Might Be Giants

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm assumeing the planet on which the warhead was found was not the planet of origan. Perhaps the return order threw them into confusion. a plot hole however you look at it. There just not careful.

------------------
WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the episode, there were 34 warheads launched. One became the doctor and the other 32 surrounded the USS Voyager. This leaves one missing. Any thoughts on the disposition of the 34th warhead?
IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the one that exploded on the planet.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When they found the one that exploded, they figured out what the surviving one was.

------------------
WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps