Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Seven and the Queen ($)

Author Topic: Seven and the Queen ($)
Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seven of Nine used to be a tertiary adjunct of unimatrix zero one. Isn't that the same adjunction as the Borg Queen?

Could seven of Nine once been in the presence of the Borg Queen before "Dark Frontier."

------------------
One silly, twice foolish. -Dr. Weaver, ER

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, strictly speaking, the queen is (Or should be, look out, rant ahead.) with every Borg, as she IS the Borg, and the physical body is just a manifestation of the Collective.

But, er...I do think that might have been what the episode was trying to apply, yes.

------------------
"I'll turn everything around and confuse you. I'll fix it so you can't remember what was true."
--
They Might Be Giants

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem*

Imply.

------------------
"I'll turn everything around and confuse you. I'll fix it so you can't remember what was true."
--
They Might Be Giants

Chimaera
Ex-Member

Perhaps somebody could refresh my memory as to what a unimatrix actually refers to. Is it a location in the collective, or just a subdivision of each ship? But if 7 of 9 was of unimatrix one, and this is the location of the queen (assuming unimatrix refers to a location), why was she in a cube in deep space while the queen is back, I assume, in that large complex?

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

Voyager
Ex-Member

That is a very interesting question, I really don't know and I think a unimatrix refers to a section of space.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because she was only the "Tertiary" adjunct. Maybe part of her duties required that she travelled. OR, Maybe the Borg Queen was telling the TRUTH when she said that she WANTED Seven to be caught.. and sent her there in the first place.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Borg Queen is a mean little tart, and may have had Seven turned over to Voyager just like she said. "Let Seven stay with the humans for a while, then she will be our liason when we destroy earth".

But the whole Borg story is so screwed up. Why haven't they sent two cubes to take a planet that can barely fight off one. Surely they weren't fighting 8472 the whole time.

------------------
Parallax

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now they're sending more than one cube out at a time.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

grb
Ex-Member

well, they have only tried to take Earth twice. The thrid time, they seem to be sedning a force that is a bit larger.In dark frontier, when seven and janeway were viewing the inforamtion from that data node of the destroied borg ship, they found three borg cubes traveling on a course "roughly paralell" to Voyager's path. If thhose cubes were traveling even close to parallell, they'd end up in the alpha quadrant, pretty close to sector 001. It seems that the federation will be seeing 3 borg cubes pretty soon.....

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
take admiral!?!" -Ambassador
Picard during his command
of the Enterprise-E in the
Ba'ku incident.

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More than two if you count Vendetta.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Voyager
Ex-Member

grb: It is an interesting theory. It sounds very plausable, send more cubes was the logical answer and the Borg, didn't figure it out til now.

Also remember the Queen says something about a Nanoprobe virus, designed to assimilate highly resistant species.

------------------

grb
Ex-Member

Maybe perhaps are the 3 cubes deploying the virus?

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
take admiral!?!" -Ambassador
Picard during his command
of the Enterprise-E in the
Ba'ku incident.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

It was probably just a coincidence.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps