Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » NITPICKIN'! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NITPICKIN'!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you love this stuff? Pointing out errors from the shows and movies? Some are blatantly obvious, some only the die-hard fan could catch.

Off the top of my head, you've got the Stardate fiasco in Season One, which had episodes with Tasha Yar still alive with a later stardate than "Skin of Evil" (where she got killed by the oil-slick).

Or, in Yesterday's Enterprise ... at the end of the episode, in "our" timeline, Geordi LaForge is still wearing the alternate uniform (full collar, black cuffs).

So, come on, contribute ... ?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

P0sitr0nic
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe its Unification part 2, theres a scene where, while in Selas office the away team passes in front of a shiny metal lamp, and you can see the camera man in the reflection.
IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok..

I recall a TNG episode where Geordi's pips are backwards: black, gold, gold instead of gold, gold, black.

And another TNG ep where they forgot to put in Data's gold contact lenses and Data had blue eyes.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That second one isn't a nit-pick. That episode was "Parallels". Who is to say that in that alternate universe Dr. Soong didn't give Data blue eyes, and not gold?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, there are books out there devoted to stuff just like this..."The Nitpicker's Guides?"

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Shipbuilder
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Shipbuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of on topic and a possible Nit pick. Was there ever any explanation batted around as to why Worf was on the E-E during 'Dominion negotiations' but had not assumed his role as ambassador?
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STV: Shatner's ego trip. When Spock, Kirk, and McCoy are rocketing up the turboshaft the flore numbers were going up rather than down. And by the time they got to the top of the turbo shaft they were on floor 78 or something like that.

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Kind of on topic and a possible Nit pick. Was there ever any explanation batted around as to why Worf was on the E-E during 'Dominion negotiations' but had not assumed his role as ambassador?

You mean in Insurrection? Because Insurrection took place during the Dominion War. Worf didn't become Ambassador to the Klingon Empire until after the war had ended. Doesn't anybody pay attention to these things?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Augh! That one drives me crazy! And the fact that the turboshaft was for some unknown reason TRIANGULAR. (But I digress).
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coupled with the fact that A: it was one of those "look-I'm-using-a-gadget-we-saw-earlier" things (like Dirty Harry and the harpoon in "Dead Pool"), and the fact that it didn't do them any damn good!!! They still got caught.

They could've joined Sybok from the start, with the agreement that Kirk kept his own "pain"... (But since the other guys didn't suffer from it, it probably would've done him a lot of good)

Btw, love Kirk's bitchslapping of rebel in village riot!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this a little like starting a thread in "Starships" that goes "Hey, I had a great idea! Let's all talk about starships and stuff!"

------------------
"Excuse me, Mr. Rampaging Killer? Why don't you put down the gun and take a look at this hand-held monkey? Does it not have clever little forepaws? It eats gum and sap!"
--
L. Fitzgerald Sj�berg
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and something pleasent will happen to you. Possibly involving syrup.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That's what is so brilliant about it

Like, how did Roga Danar escape the transporter in The Hunted?

Or, did you notice that the chocolate stain on Picard's uniform in Q-Who is small at first (near his waist), then when the camera cuts back to him, it's spread all across his chest?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't someone write a book�a "guide" of sorts�about nitpicking? A "nitpicker's giude", if you will?

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil Farrand did: two for TNG, one for TOS, and one for the first half of DS9. Then his publishers got cold feet and pulled off in fear of Paramount retaliation, so we never got the latter half of DS9, or Voyager.

I think Farrand is still maintaining a website where he collects nits submitted by the audience... I don't know where this site is, though. I do hope he gets a new publisher someday.

Timo Saloniemi

Shipbuilder
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Shipbuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff K:

how can you be having 'Dominion negotiations' if you're still in a war?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps